WWE News: Former WWE Intercontinental Champion weighs in on Dolph Ziggler's current situation
What’s the story?
During the latest edition of the Conversation With The Big Guy, former WWE Intercontinental Champion Ryback gave his thoughts on the current scenario that has been surrounding the new WWE US Champion, Dolph Ziggler.
In case you didn’t know…
Earlier this month, at the Clash of Champions pay-per-view, Baron Corbin lost his WWE US Championship to Dolph Ziggler, in a triple threat match that also involved Bobby Roode.
Following Ziggler’s title win over Corbin and Roode, “The Showoff” decided to vacate the US Championship on this past week’s episode of Smackdown Live. Ziggler addressed the WWE Universe, the politics within the WWE in a promo and seemed completely fed up, on last Tuesday’s episode of SD Live.
The heart of the matter
Former WWE Intercontinental Champion Ryback recently weighed in on Dolph Ziggler’s current status with WWE. Ryback said that Ziggler should take a break from the WWE, which he rightfully deserves.
According to “The Big Guy”, Ziggler should at least take a break of 6 months or one year as “The Showoff” is still young. Ryback then weighed in on his departure from the WWE and said that him leaving WWE was the best decision he ever made because it helped him to focus on his health much more.
Additionally, the 36-year-old said that if he had re-signed with the WWE then his career would have been well and over within the very next year.
“When you are there for quite some time its okay to take a little break, whatever your reasons are. I always say that you work so hard in life and that everyone wants to talk about the grind, but you have to enjoy life," said Ryback.
There have been several reports that have suggested that Ziggler vacating the US Championship is all part of his next storyline in the WWE and it has been claimed by many wrestling sites that “The Showoff” will be written off WWE TV for a while, but will wrestle at live events.
In my opinion, Ryback is correct regarding this situation surrounding Dolph Ziggler and I do believe that “The Showoff” should take a break from the WWE for a while.