WWE News: Ryback says he's no longer with company
- Ryback is done after a six-year career with the WWE.
Ryback seems to be officially done as a WWE competitor.
In a video posted to his Instagram and circulating in other outlets online, “The Big Guy” wished the WWE “the best of luck in their future endeavors,” a direct reference to the language frequently used when the company releases a talent.
“From this point forward, myself and the WWE will no longer be conducting business together,” he said.
Ryback, real name Ryan Reeves, goes on to thank the wrestlers he competed with in the ring. He also took time to plug his upcoming book, “Feed Me More” clothing line and his line of nutritional supplements, all of which he’s been promoting on Twitter lately. He also said he’d be working a full wrestling schedule and gave out booking information.
Ryback won the Intercontinental Championship after Daniel Bryan vacated it in 2015, but that was his only championship in a six-year career on the WWE’s main roster. He became increasingly frustrated in recent months and has been off television since he reqested to be sent home from a Raw episode earlier this year. At that time, he said his frustration stemmed from booking, including his feud with Kalisto for the United States title.
That booking left the duo frequently on the pre-show for events, including at WrestleMania 32 well before the main card was set to begin.
As of Friday afternoon, the WWE had not released a statement regarding Ryback’s status with the company.