WWE News: Which WWE Superstars weren't drafted and why?
A dozen names weren't called last Tuesday, though they're still part of the roster
One week removed from the WWE Draft, you can envision the WWE Superstars settling into their new locker rooms. The sixty Superstars that were apportioned between the red and blue brands will ponder over what the future holds for them, but what about those who weren’t drafted? Let’s take a look at some of them and why their names weren’t in the jar:
- Brie Bella – Retired (not officially announced)
- The Rock – Part-time performer
- Emma – Recuperating from a disc injury
- Heath Slater – “Forgotten”, per storyline
- Luke Harper – Recovering from knee injury
- Paul Heyman – Contract has expired
- Rosa Mendes – Personal reasons/maternity leave?
- Ryback – Contract dispute, expected to exit WWE when it expires soon
- Tamina Snuka – Injured
- Triple H – Part time performer
- Tyson Kidd – Recovering from a serious neck injury
- The Undertaker – Part time performer.
It should be noted that there is some trepidation that The Undertaker’s future with the company may be non-existent. There have been numerous reports about The Phenom telling those close to him that the Hell in a Cell match at WrestleMania 32 against Shane McMahon was his last. He is reportedly incommunicado with Vince McMahon.
We also reported that Alberto Del Rio might leave the WWE this October when his contract expires over frustration with weak booking.