Great news for TNA Impact Wrestling
Tuesday night’s eventful TNA Impact Wrestling – which saw the spotlight on the new World Heavyweight Champion Matt Hardy – had its desired impact and addressed the issue of falling ratings, with 339,000 viewers tuning in as compared to last weeks 321,000 viewers.
The show was ranked at #92 on cable in the top 150 bracket – which is a welcome improvement from last week’s standing of #112.
Here is what went down at the tapings:
– Feast or Fired saw Grado, Eli Drake, Drew Galloway, and James Storm overcome their opponents in the form of Bobby Roode, Rockstar Spud, Sgt. Chris Melendez, Eric Young, Robbie E, Bram, Jessie Godderz and Aiden O’Shea.
– The X Division Title Match ended with Tigre Uno triumphing over DJ Z and Mandrews to win the title after an intense fight.
– The match featuring Awesome Kong and Velvet Sky ended with a victory to Awesome Kong, who manages to win the match by delivering a implant buster to Velvet Sky.
– The Wolves faced off against Crazzy Steve and Abyss, which ended in a victory to the Wolves via DQ, after Crazy Steve blew red mist into Davey’s face.
– Of course, the main attraction was the TNA World Title Match which pitted the Hardy brothers against each other and ended in a victory for Jeff via DQ.
All in all, the drama worked its magic and propelled the show's ratings, which is a good sign for the struggling promotion, who are looking to get back to its former glory on POP TV.