The results from the WWE’s Live Event from Reno this past Monday can be found below. The show’s attendance was said to be very poor, and took a toll on the event as the performers didn’t seem to put their all into their in-ring performances:
* WWE Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler retained his newly won title over The Miz
* Apollo Crews defeated Curt Hawkins
* Nikki Bella and Naomi defeated Alexa Bliss, Carmella and Natalya in a Handicap Match
* SmackDown Tag Team Champions Heath Slater and Rhyno retained their titles over The Usos
* Baron Corbin defeated Jack Swagger
* Randy Orton defeated Bray Wyatt with the RKO
* Chad Gable, Jason Jordan, Mojo Rawley and Zack Ryder defeated Aiden English, Simon Gotch, Viktor and Konnor in an eight man tag match
* WWE World Champion AJ Styles retained his title over John Cena and Dean Ambrose in a rematch from their pay-per-view (PPV) match at No Mercy this past Sunday
For the most part, this live event was a repeat of this past Sunday’s No Mercy pay per view (PPV) event, as expected, with different winners in most of the matches. For instance, Dolph Ziggler defeated The Miz again to retain his newly acquired Intercontinental Championship.
Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt once again met one another, however, this time, Orton got the win with the RKO. And finally in our main event AJ Styles once again retained his title against his rivals in Dean Ambrose and John Cena in the main event of the evening.
This finish could be expected, however, as both Ambrose and Cena are expected to take some time off for their respective upcoming projects. Ambrose is set to work on an upcoming WWE Studios film, while Cena will begin filming for the second season of his television show American Grit.
The eight man tag team match also saw some of the brightest upcoming stars in the WWE get tested in-ring. This could lead to some big opportunities for all involved.
The poor attendance for the house show is definitely a cause of concern for the WWE, as these shows are the ones that are used to hype up the weekly ones. Despite there being a stacked card, the numbers didn’t quite seem to be up to the mark.
For latest WWE News, spoilers and rumours visit our Sportskeeda WWE section.