As the Alpha Test for PUBG New State for Android users in the United States is set to go live today, battle royale fans are in for a treat. Players will be able to see the gameplay of the highly anticipated game this year.
The game is set in 2051 and provides numerous new and exciting features to elevate the overall player experience. Selected users will be able to download the game from the Google Play Store.
Here are some of the key features in the PUBG New State Alpha Test.
Also read: Can PUBG New State (Mobile) Alpha be downloaded and played in India?
PUBG New State features
Here are the features available in the Alpha Test of PUBG New State
Like PUBG Mobile, PUBG New State will feature a Flare gun but it would be quite different in its functioning.
- Use the Green Flare Gun in PUBG: NEW STATE to revive a fallen teammate.
- The Green Flare Gun is a single-use consumable item, usable during any phase of the game.
- Revived players do not start with any gear or items.
PUBG Mobile features ultra-modern sleek and lightweight electric cars which run at high speeds. The car is lightweight and much stronger than the ordinary vehicle.
- Accelerate quickly yet quietly and reach very high speeds with the Electric Car's boost function.
- The power required to engage the boost will eat up energy from the electric battery quickly, so use it sparingly.
- Driving inside the Blue Zone also rapidly depletes the Electric Car's battery.
Trams are another mode of transportation which is exclusive to PUBG New State. It is one of the most efficient ways to get around the map.
- Trams cannot be destroyed and don't stop moving.
- It follows a set route, moving at a consistent speed which can be viewed on the World Map.
As stated by the developers in the announcement, the game is set to have Search Drones.
- Use Search Drones in PUBG: NEW STATE for efficient aerial reconnaissance to gain a tactical advantage and spot your enemies from afar.
- You're vulnerable to enemies while controlling the drone.
As seen in the pre-registration and field trip video, PUBG New State will have unique shields that can be deployed during the battle.
- Deployable Shields are an excellent tool for use during combat, deployable whenever you need additional cover.
- Additionally, these cannot be moved once placed.
- Two types of Deployable Shields are available: the standard model and a wide variant with additional cover.
- Found as loot across the map, Deployable Shields are also purchasable in the Drone Store.
- The Dyneema Vest is more effective than standard armor against close and mid-range effective ammo types, including 9 mm, 5.56 mm, and .45 ACP.
- Compared to standard armor, the Dyneema Vest is less capable of withstanding damage from 7.62 mm, 12-gauge, and 300 Magnum ammunition.
Also read: PUBG New State vs Battlegrounds Mobile India: 3 similarities between the anticipated battle royale games
Vehicles can be used as an effective cover in PUBG New State by using its door as a cover.
- Tapping the Door button near a vehicle will open the door and provide additional cover as you mount an assault against your enemies.
- Tap the Trunk icon to access and loot items stored inside.
Team Up Squad Mode
Team Up Squad Mode will provide an entirely different experience for users.
- In this mode, you can recruit players in DBNO state to your squad. Each squad can have up to 4 members.
- If one of your teammates has been downed, you can revive them and keep your squad together.
The game features customizations for 13 weapons in different categories including AR, SMG, DMR and more.
- Each Customization Kit looted during gameplay is usable only with the indicated weapon type.
- However, Customization Kits purchased from the Drone Store can be attached to any weapon.
- These kits are single-use consumable items, with each weapon customizable only once.
Also read: Who created Battlegrounds Mobile India: All you need to know about BGMI's developer
Users can purchase numerous items in PUBG New State from the Drone Store using a 'Drone credit' which the players can find as lootable items.
- Purchased items are packed in a box and delivered by drone to the selected location, indicated with a plume of smoke.
- You can choose the location where the drone will deliver your items
BP and Store
- The in-game currency of PUBG New State is called BP or Battlegrounds Points and can be enarned through playing the game.
- Complete daily missions to earn BP rewards
Also read: PUBG New State (Mobile) official gameplay, trailer, map, and more