COOKIE CONSENT
Create
Notifications
Favorites Edit

Lionel Messi rubbishes rumours of Barcelona crisis and Premier League transfer as 'all lies'

FEATURED WRITER
News
5.37K   //    12 Jan 2015, 04:59 IST
Lionel Messi celebrates his goal during the match between FC Barcelona and Club Atletico de Madrid

After scoring a goal and setting up two other in Barcelona's 3-1 win against Atletico Madrid on Sunday night, Lionel Messi took the opportunity of an interview with BarcaTV to set the record straight about rumours that have surrounded his future at the club and his relationship with coach Luis Enrique. 

"I did not ask for the manager to be sacked," the Argentine forward said. 

"I would never do that. It really hurts this time because these lies have been made up by Barcelona media and have not come from Madrid. In the past they attacked us, but not this time.”

No clash with Luis Enrique: Messi

“I am a player at Barcelona, and do not make nor ask to make any decisions. It is not good to look for a rivalry between me and Luis Enrique, because there is none.

“Many times it has been said that I have a bad relationship with Guardiola, Eto’o, Ibra, Bojan. They were all false. These things are often thrown at us, we need to be united at all times.”

Messi also flatly denied any possibility of a move away from Barcelona to the Premier League, saying all reports of the deal had been fabricated.

"It is said that my father spoke with Manchester City and with Chelsea. But it is all lies. It is all lies.”

Topics you might be interested in:
FEATURED WRITER
Fetching more content...