Transfer news and rumours of the day: 27 November 2015
Could the Premier League’s leading goalscorer Jamie Vardy make a move to London?With the winter transfer window set to open soon, the transfer rumour mill has already started operating. A host of big clubs all over Europe are already being linked with some familiar, as well as some new, names for the past couple of weeks.The January transfer window may witness some high-profile transfers and it’s a good opportunity for managers to have a look and add more quality to the squad if required. Like always, there are the usual transfer rumours that never die like Paris Saint-Germain’s continuous pursuit of Cristiano Ronaldo or Manchester City’s pursuit for a Barcelona star.Here are the top transfer news and rumours of the day from of all of the top European leagues.
#1 La Liga
- It has been suggested by Football Espana that Barcelona are desperate to keep hold of their goalkeeper Claudio Bravo. According to the club’s international sporting director Ariedo Braida, the Chilean international will not be ‘allowed to leave Camp Nou’ during summer and the club will refuse to listen to offers for him.
Bravo has been instrumental for the Spanish champions since joining them from Real Sociedad in 2014. He is the club’s preferred first-choice goalkeeper in La Liga while his teammate Marc-Andre ter Stegen gets the nod in the Champions League and in the Copa del Rey.
Recent speculation had suggested that the 32-year-old will look for a route out of the club should he continue to play second fiddle to Ter Stegen in the Champions League.
- The Spanish champions are reportedly keen on bringing back Gerard Deulofeu from Everton, according to Sky Sports. The 21-year-old, had an impressive loan spell at Goodison Park in 2013/14 and moved back to Merseyside on a permanent basis during the summer, signing a three-year contract.
The Spaniard has played down the rumors, insisting that he is happy where he is and has no plans to head back to his former club.
- Real Madrid are keeping a close eye on Liverpool full-back Alberton Moreno, according to Marca. Brazillian Marcelo, who has been the club’s first-choice left-back for many years, had suffered an injury during last weekend’s 4-0 defeat to Barcelona.
Neither Danilo nor Alvaro Arbeloa have impressed Rafa Benitez with their performances and the club are now desperate to bring in a new left-back in January. Wolfsburg’s Ricardo Rodriguez and Bayern Munich’s David Alaba are among the other names included in Los Blancos’ wishlist.
- It has been reported by Super Deporte that Valencia have joined Arsenal and Chelsea in the race to sign Michy Batshuayi from Ligue 1 side Marseille. The Gunners are reportedly lining up a January bid for the 22-year-old, however the Liga outfit are now preparing a swoop for the in-form striker and could sneak in ahead of the two Premier League sides.
#2 Premier League
- The Sun has reported that Barcelona icon Lionel Messi is open to a move to Manchester City that could see him pain on astonishing £800,000-a-week. It has been reported that the Argentinian’s representatives have held discussions on a possible move to the Premier League giants which could see the 28-year-old sign a deal worth around an estimated £40m a year.
Despite Messi having a buy-out clause of £250m, Barca are believed to be open to more realistic offers of £120m for the four-time Ballon D’Or winner. Such big deals take months to complete, however, and City will certainly have their work cut out in trying to convince Messi to switch Barcelona for Manchester.
- Man City also have a €40million bid lined up for Juventus left-back Alex Sandro in January, as reported on Gazzetta dello Sport. It has been understood that the offer was submitted following City’s defeat in Turin, during which Sandro produced an eye-catching performance.
City are thought to have missed out on Sandro during the summer, with the Bianconeri swooping to sign the then-Porto defender before he could join City on a free in 2016. The setback has done little to deter City and they have revived their interest in the 24-year-old Brazilian, although Juve are not keen to sell.
- Meanwhile, club manager Manuel Pellegrini is set to make way for Pep Guardiola next season, after reports on Cadena Coppa claimed that the Spanish coach will leave Bayern on June 30th and sign for Manchester City. Carlo Ancelotti is the favourite to replace Guardiola at the Allianz Arena.
- Chelsea have turned their attention to record-chasing Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy, according to Mirror. The England international is one of several frontmen on the radar while Jose Mourinho admires a Spurs midfielder he'll see close up this weekend. After enduring a tough start to the season, the English Champions are looking to bring in fresh new faces to the squad and ready to splash £40million in January bids for Vardy and Mousa Dembele.
#3 Rest of Europe
- It has been understood by Dutch newspaper AD that Eredivisie side Feyenoord are preparing a January swoop for Queens Park Rangers midfielder Leroy Fer. The 25-year-old began his career with Dutch side before being sold to FC Twente for 3 million in 2011.
Fer has been with the Rangers for 18 months, but he has revealed that he is considering a move away from Loftus Road.
- Italian striker Mario Balotelli has stated he has no intention of returning to Liverpool and is keen to remain at AC Milan, as per the report on Tuttosport. The former Manchester City man endured a torrid season on Merseyside before returning to Italy on loan. He has requested his parent club to strike a deal with the San Siro club next summer.
- Lazio’s Ravel Morrison could be heading for the club exit in January, according to Calciomercato. Reports in the Italian press has suggested that the English player left the club’s headquarters without permission to fly to London. Morrison, who reportedly has family issues, has not built up a good relationship with coach Stefano Pioli since joining the club in the summer.