4 reasons why WWE Elimination Chamber might disappoint
The first pay-per-view on the Road to WrestleMania 35, WWE Elimination Chamber is just 2 days away. Truth be told, WWE has not done anything which has got the fans excited for this event. Leave alone the WWE Championship match, the WWE Universe really does not care about all the other matches on the card.
The match card for the 2019 Elimination Chamber show is as follows -
- Cruiserweight Championship: Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Akira Tozawa
- Braun Strowman vs. Baron Corbin
- SmackDown Tag Team Championship: The Miz & Shane McMahon (c) vs. The Usos
- Raw Women's Championship: Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Ruby Riott
- Intercontinental Championship: Bobby Lashley (c) & Lio Rush vs. Finn Balor
- Women's Tag Team Championship (Elimination Chamber): Sasha Banks & Bayley vs. Nia Jax & Tamina vs. Riott Squad vs. The IIconics vs. Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville vs. Naomi & Carmella
- WWE Championship (Elimination Chamber): Daniel Bryan (c) vs. AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton vs. Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Kofi Kingston
The last two matches will take place inside the demonic Elimination Chamber however, there are 4 big reasons Elimination Chamber may end up as a failure:
#4 Cruiserweight Championship match on the pre-show
The only singles match which promised to deliver on the Elimination Chamber PPV was the Cruiserweight Championship match between Buddy Murphy and Akira Tozawa. The reason why WWE underestimates the 205 Live division is unknown but of late, it has become a trend in the company that the Cruiserweight title match, irrespective of its supreme quality, is given that spot on the card, which no one cares about.
We had seen at the WWE SuperShow Down and Survivor Series pay-per-views that if given the right amount of time and the right position on the match card, the Cruiserweights can steal the show.
Though Murphy and Tozawa will get the time they want this Sunday, unfortunately, their match will not take place on the main show.
This means that the wrestling quality was the main show will deter and a lot will rely on the WWE Championship match to avoid this show become the worst wrestling show of the year.