- Former WWE announcer Jonathan Coachman who is currently employed by ESPN SportsCenter has been working to bring the ESPN and the WWE closer somehow. As we get closer to SummerSlam, ESPN is said to be covering more WWE and Coachman dropped a hint of him being at SummerSlam.
His posts from Saturday night on twitter indicates that he might be in Brooklyn for the August 23rd PPV. These tweets were made from his handle.
In other news, results from the recent WWE live event from Detroit, Michigan that was held on the 15th of august are in. The results from the night are below
- An announcement was made by Eden that John Cena would not be there for the night due to this broken nose after which Kevin Owens came out to rag on Cena. Chris Jericho interrupted him and a match was set up that opened the show. The potential match of the night was won by Jericho after an awesome back and forth contest with Jericho countering the pop-up powerbomb with a codebreaker for the win.
- Sheamus went over Fandango in a squash match with a brogue kick. He later cut a promo on cashing in the Money In The Bank case later on in the night.
- The next match was between Neville and Stardust. Neville defeated Stardust after hitting the ever beautiful to watch Red Arrow.
- The tag team champions Prime Time Players defended their title against The New Day after Titus hit Kofi with the clash of Titus. They did the ptp dance with kids after the match.
- Paige and Charlotte came out on top against Alicia Fox and Brei Bella after Charlotte made Fox tap to the figure eight. The fans voted for a tag team match and not a singles one prior to the match.
- Cesaro defeated Rusev in a very good match which third best of the evening according to sources. Lana came down the aisle to attack Summer Rae that caused a distraction on which Cesaro capitalized for a roll up win.
- In the main event of the evening, Seth Rollins defended his WWE World Heavyweight Title against ‘The Lunatic Fringe’ Dean Ambrose in a street fight that was the second best match of the night. Ambrose and Rollins both put each other through tables. Sheamus came down to tease a cash in by breaking up Ambrose’s pin over Seth and pulling him out of the ring. Ambrose blocked a Brogue kick and knocked Sheamus out of the ring. Seth took advantage and hit the Pedigree on Dean to pick up the win. After the match, Sheamus attacked Dean but he countered the attack to end the show on the upper hand.Published 16 Aug 2015, 19:07 IST