The LoL India Champions Cup, powered by Global eSports and Experience Points, is a League of Legends invitational tournament organized for the South Asia region. It brings together the best League of Legends teams from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh to battle it out in an exciting 2-stage format (akin to LoL Worlds Championship) to determine the kings of League of Legends in South Asia.
The Champions Cup is the first ever community initiative that gets all the 4 major South Asian countries to come together and compete under a single tournament. A lot more than prize money is up for grabs as each country will look to assert their dominance over the budding South Asia region.
Format of LoL India Champions Cup 2018
The Champions Cup commences in two stages:
- The 16 teams are divided into 4 Groups (A, B, C and D) with 4 teams each.
- For draws, the teams were divided into two pools – Pool 1 consists of the 4 best teams based on past regional performanceswhile Pool 2 sums up the remaining 12 teams.
- A double round robin will commence in each Group, with the top 2 teams qualifying for the Knockout stage.
- A total of 8 teams qualify from the groups stage to the knockout stage.
- Another set of draws take place to determine which teams play each other in the Quarter-Finals
- Teams are drawn into the knockout bracket as 1st vs 2nd seeds (based on Group standings), with teams from the same group not able to meet each other until the Finals.
- Quarterfinals are Best of 3, Semifinals and Finals are Best of 5.
- Rs. 30,000/-
- Official Riot Merchandise (Figurines)