A Bunker is about one of the most useful properties one can buy in GTA Online, as well as one of the most versatile. However, there is far more to Bunkers than simply the Gunrunning business, as Research allows players to add a little more firepower to their weaponry.
One can conduct Research in the Bunker, which allows players to get their hands on more advanced tech and weaponry. Players can switch between assigning staff to the busines or towards research, staff upgrades and resource allocation will speed up the process of Research.
To purchase a Bunker, the player will need to bring up their phone, browse the internet and head over to the Maze Bank Foreclosures section. While upgrades aren't mandatory, more upgrades tend to allow for faster operations
It isn't required to purchase all upgrades right off the bat, players can take their time and spend more money in the Bunker as they see fit in GTA Online.
How to run Research in the Bunker in GTA Online
Research allows players to improve their weaponry across the board, including more weapons for weaponized vehicles such as the Dune FAV. Here are a list of some research upgrades one can choose to conduct:
- Ballistic Equipment
- Half-track 20mm Quad Autocannon
- Weaponized Tampa Dual Remote Minigun
- Weaponized Tampa Rear-Firing Mortar
- Weaponized Tampa Front Missile Launchers
- Weaponized Tampa Heavy Chassis Upgrade
- Dune FAV 40mm Grenade Launcher
- Dune FAV 7.62mm Minigun
- Insurgent Pick-Up Custom .50 Cal Minigun
- Insurgent Pick-Up Custom Heavy Armor Plating
- Technical Custom 7.62mm Minigun
- Technical Custom Ram-bar
- Technical Custom Brute-bar
- Technical Custom Heavy Chassis Upgrade
- Oppressor Missile Launchers
In order to do Research in the Bunker, the player will need to complete a supply mission and then head over to the Disruption Logistics site on the Laptop in the R&D department. This needs to be done during a public session.
To start research, simply follow these steps:
- Complete a supply mission
- Head over to Disruption Logistics on the Laptop in the Bunker
- Select Research and wait for it to complete
Upon completion, players will recieve the requested Research material. This helps in adding more firepower to special vehicles like the Oppressor MKII. Players can then choose to allocate resources between Manufacturing and Research, and depending on the allocation, the Bunker will be able to produce stock.
The supplies purchased or stolen during source missions are converted into stock via Manufacturing. They can also be used to level up the Research by unlocking certain upgrades in GTA Online.