Due to the rarity of basalt in Minecraft, players who need large amounts of it are highly recommended to create a basalt generator. Those who need even more basalt can create an automatic basalt generator, which is the next best thing.
These simple generators will automatically collect the dropped basalt after it is broken by the player.
Luckily, automatic basalt generators are quite easy to construct. Minecraft gamers familiar with cobblestone generators will quickly understand how basalt generators work. They will only have to learn how to automate this system, which is explained below.
Creating an automatic basalt generator in Minecraft
Automatic basalt generator tutorial
Before Minecraft users can create an automatic basalt generator, they will have to collect these prerequisite materials:
- Two chests
- One obsidian
- One piston
- One lava bucket
- 64 smooth stone (building blocks)
- Two observers
- Two hoppers
- One redstone comparator
- One lever
- Five redstone
- One soul soil
- One blue ice
Once they have gained these resources, they are ready to create the automatic basalt generator. The instructions are listed below:
- Create a 3x3 base with a soul soil in the middle
- Place a piston on a middle edge
- Place a blue ice blue on an adjacent middle edge
- Place an observer on top of the blue ice
- Place another observer next to the first
- Place a lava bucket in the middle block
- Connect a hopper to chests to collect the dropped basalt blocks
- Create a clock with a redstone comparator to continuously activate the piston
The Minecraft YouTube video above provides an easier visual representation of how to complete this automatic basalt generator.
This automatic basalt generator is fantastic, as it will automatically collect the broken basalt blocks after it drops. While players still have to manually break the basalt block, this simple design saves tons of time and hassle from having to collect the dropped block.
Of course, there are automatic Minecraft basalt generators that do not require gamers to manually break the block. However, these generators require an immense amount of redstone knowledge, as well as patience.