Felipe Anderson to Manchester United?January brings with it a lot of mid-season crisis as well as solutions. The transfer mill is expected to be the same this time around with many seeking reinforcements and many seeking a new beginning. There has been a buzz around many players and clubs, with players seeking moves away from their respective clubs for various reasons from playing time to better contracts. Nonetheless, the January window is poised to give us some interesting news.Here are the transfer news and rumours for the day.
#1 Serie A
- According to Football Italia, Genoa winger Diego Perotti is set to complete a €12m transfer to Roma. The deal is practically done and will be announced within the next 10 days as the Argentine is suspended till January 11 for a reactionary foul.
- La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Torino are planning to offer a loan move to Leicester City striker Andrej Kramaric. Kramaric has failed to establish himself at Leicester due to lack of opportunites and might consider moving in search of playing time.
- Inter are pushing hard to complete the signing of Ben Arfa from OGC Nice according to Tuttosport. The Nerazzurri gave up on their interest in Feghouli after considering his high wages and are now focused on the Frenchman who has re-discovered some form.
#2 La Liga
- According to Fichajes.net, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is planning to lure unsettled Toni Kroos from Real Madrid to Anfield. The German international had already expressed his wish to leave the Spanish capital and is now open to a Premier League move.
- Atletico Madrid have confirmed the signing of Augusto Fernandez from Celta Vigo on a three-and-a-half-year contract.
“This is a player of proven experience in La Liga competition and will bring quality to a great midfield like ours,” sporting director Jose Luis Caminero told Atleti’s official website. “His addition will help us with the requirement of having to play in three very tough competitions over the coming months.”
- Milan are reportedly considering a loan move for Real Madrid midfielder Isco who wants to leave the club. Los Blancos are only considering loaning out the player even though he handed in a transfer request reports Football Italia.
#3 English Premier League
- According to the Telegraph, Arsenal are interested in signing Napoli winger Lorenzo Insigne. The player’s agent has confirmed interest from the Gunners but they might face a battle from PSG.
"We are delighted with the interest of the PSG and Arsenal. We are talking about two clubs at the top of world football, but Lorenzo is focused on Napoli and the team’s collective goals,” the player’s agent said.
- Manchester United are close to signing Lazio star Felipe Anderson according to the Guardian. A fee of around £35m is set to be offered for the Brazilian who has been linked with United for the last few months.
- AFC Bournemouth have officialy completed the loan move for Juan Iturbe from Roma. The Cherries will have the option to sign the 22-year-old Argentine on a permanent deal in the summer reports BBC Sport.
#4 Rest of Europe
- Borussia Dortmund have rejected a €30 million bid from Juventus for Ilkay Gundogan according to Goal. The midfielder has been linked with the Serie A giants for the last couple of months and it is believed that Juve are ready to offer a higher bid to secure his services.
- Borussia Monchengladbach have completed the signing of Jonas Hofmann from Borussia Dortmund. The 23-year-old will be signing a four and half-year-contract with the Bundesliga outfit.
"I've had at BVB, in this unique club with this incredible environment, a beautiful, emotional and successful time," Hofmann told Dortmund's website. "It is my personal wish to address today a thank you to my teammates, all BVB employees and the fans who have always supported me."
- Arsenal are considering a bid for ex-youth team and current Besiktas player Oguzhan Ozyakup according to the Daily Express. A midfielder with a record of 15 goals and 30 assists in his Besiktas career, Ozyakup looks a potentially useful buy for the Gunners after their injury problems this season.