It took over two years, but sports betting finally made its way to Arizona and was launched for everyone to enjoy. There were attempts to slow down and block the implementation, but sports betting arrived in time for the 2021 NFL season as planned and hasn’t shown signs of slowing down since.
- Is sports betting legal in Arizona?
- What betting sites are legal in Arizona?
- Arizona Sports Betting Rules and Regulations
- Best Mobile Sportsbooks available in Arizona
- Arizona Sports Betting Promos
- What are the sports to bet on in Arizona?
- Arizona Sports Betting Tips
- Arizona Sports Betting Tax Rates
- Is DraftKings sports betting legal in Arizona?
- Is FanDuel sports betting legal in Arizona?
- Arizona Sports Teams
- Latest Arizona sports betting news
Is sports betting legal in Arizona?
Yes, sports betting is open and active in Arizona and has been since September 9, 2021. House Bill 2772, the bill that was signed in April 2021 and legalized betting, brought retail and online betting to Arizona. They have no shortage of sportsbooks for residents and visitors to choose from.
What betting sites are legal in Arizona?
Arizona has 18 online sportsbooks right now, each with unique perks and some with personal connections to Arizona.
Known for having the most stats and data on games and teams, FanDuel is an excellent option for all bettors. It was one of the first sportsbooks in the states and has gained popularity for its same-game parlays. Their sites are smooth, and live betting is an excellent option with them.
Get your $1,000 No Sweat First Bet by clicking here and joining FanDuel
Like FanDuel, DraftKings is rooted in DFS but has become a major player in sports betting. They’ve mastered the appeal of a nice interface and shiny offers for new users. Their live betting is also incredible, and their betting pools are an exclusive feature.
New DraftKings players get a deposit bonus up to $1,000
BetMGM offers arguably the widest variety of sports, along with a ton of control over their bets. Their payout speed and promotions are also considered top-notch. The pricing is competitive, and the King of Sportsbooks is a stellar choice for anyone.
This sportsbook is one of the biggest and most trustworthy names in the market, they’ve partnered with just about everyone to increase their exposure. They’re considered user-friendly, and like FanDuel, their same-game parlay options are among the best.
Up to $1,250 back on your first bet when you join Caesars here
There’s no flash when it comes to WynnBet, all substance. The design of their site is minimalist, which helps customers stay focused. It’s easy to find what you want easily on WynnBET.
Fubo is new to the game, launching in November 2021, but they’ve got unique perks. Since they were a TV service first, its streaming options for games are a nice touch, and their interface is one of the best.
BetRivers is one of the premier sportsbooks when it comes to sports options and odds. Anything you want to wager on is likely there. Any prices you want will probably be better on BetRivers.
Betfred started in the UK but has found its way across the pond since sports started growing in the US. Arizona is one of three states that have Betfred so far. They’ve been around since 1967, so they’re pretty trustworthy.
Also, coming from Europe, Unibet is another sportsbook that gets straight to business. The payouts are quick, and finding games is simple with Unibet. It’s a solid option for newcomers.
Arizona Sports Betting Rules and Regulations
The requirements to bet in Arizona are that bettors are at least 21 years old and physically in Arizona when they wager. Anyone meeting those requirements can bet at physical locations or online. Chase Field and Footprint Center have sportsbooks open to the public through Caesars and FanDuel, respectively.
To register online in Arizona, sportsbooks will ask for the following information:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
After making a deposit, betting options should be open, including:
- Spreads: Wagers on the margin of the final score
- Moneylines: A simple bet on who will win
- Totals (over/under): A bet based on the final score
- Futures: Predictions on how a team or player will perform for the season
- Props: A wager on player performance and single-game occurrences not tied to the final result
In Arizona, wagering on a college athlete’s performance for a single game is banned. So, betting on the Arizona State quarterback to win the Heisman is allowed because it takes place across the entire season. Betting on that same quarterback to throw for 250+ yards in a game is not allowed, along with any other single-player single-game prop bets.
This is to prevent influence on how these athletes perform.
Best Mobile Sportsbooks available in Arizona
Arizona has plenty of sportsbooks to choose from, but when it comes to mobile, some apps are more highly regarded than others. Here’s a ranking and a brief breakdown of the seven best, influenced by Android and iOS ratings:
- FanDuel: Best overall rating on both app stores and considered very easy to use.
- DraftKings: Just under FanDuel in ratings, but also considered excellent to use and navigate.
- BetMGM: Has a wide selection of bets across more sports than competitors. Has a noticeably higher rating on iOS (4.8) than on Android (4.2).
- Caesars: They have a good amount of promotions and are trustworthy. Nothing spectacular, but functions highly.
- Betfred: Not great with promos, but has plenty of options and same-game parlays that have helped it grow.
- Unibet: Simple is the best description. Not a ton of bonuses or special offers, but has everything a beginner needs.
- BetRivers: A few technical issues slow the app down, but you can live-stream certain games you bet on, which boosts it.
Arizona Sports Betting Promos
BetMGM New Customer Bonus
BetMGM has an offer for people who sign-up for the first time, taking their first bet risk-free up to $1,000. You put the bet down, and if it wins, you keep the money. If not, they refund you the wager amount in the form of free bets.
$1,000 Risk-Free Bet for all new BetMGM players here
FanDuel No Sweat First Bet
Their offer works the same as BetMGM’s, except it has a name that rhymes. First-time customers can wager up to $1,000, and if it loses they’ll get the money back as a free bet. If they win, the winnings are theirs.
WynnBET Welcome Offer
WynnBET extends to new users a $100 free bet if they wager $100 on a bet at -120 odds or greater. All you have to do is create an account, accept the promotion, and deposit and wager at least $100.
Caesars New User Promo
Just like BetMGM and FanDuel, Caesars offers a free bet refund if your first bet loses. The difference between Caesars and the other two is that the offer extends up to $1,500 rather than $1,000.
BetRivers Deposit Match
When you register and make your first deposit at BetRivers, every dollar you put in will be matched, up to $250. So depositing $225 will yield a $225 bonus. Depositing $275 will be a $250 bonus.
New BetRivers players get up to a $500 free bet
Fubo Sportsbook Offer
Fubo is another sportsbook that offers first bet insurance, but theirs come with an extra perk. They’ll match the first $1,000 bet for new users while also giving users a free month's credit to fuboTV.
What are the sports to bet on in Arizona?
There is a wide range of sports that you can bet on in Arizona. They include all of the most popular options and some that are more event-based:
- Auto-Racing: Formula One, IndyCar, NASCAR
- Baseball: MLB
- Basketball: NBA, WNBA, International
- College: Basketball, Football
- Football: NFL and CFL
- Golf: PGA, LPGA
- Hockey: NHL, International
- Soccer: UEFA Champions League, MLS, Premier League,
Arizona Sports Betting Tips
Don’t Be Afraid to Learn
If you don’t know what something means, read in-depth guides about them. You shouldn’t ever wager on something without a full understanding of what you want to happen.
Not overreacting to losses or getting too confident after big wins are important. This is real money on the line, and you don’t want to dig a financial hole that you can’t overcome. Stick to whatever is reasonable for yourself, and any rules you have set for yourself.
Arizona Sports Betting Tax Rates
Anyone who wins greater than $600 in a year from sports betting must report that for taxes. It doesn’t matter how the money was won, a lot of small bets or one grand one, the amount is the only thing that matters.
24% of your gambling winnings are taxed by the federal government. Losses from sports betting can also be deducted as an itemized deduction. If you do this, the losses you deduct can not be greater than your reported gambling income.
Is DraftKings sports betting legal in Arizona?
DraftKings Sportsbook and Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) have both been legal since sports betting was legalized in the state. Arizona was one of the few states that had made DFS illegal, but it opened up with the legalization of sports betting.
Is FanDuel sports betting legal in Arizona?
Yes, you can fully use FanDuel Sportsbook in Arizona. They’ve been an option in Arizona since September 2021. Like DraftKings, their DFS had to wait until sports betting was legal in Arizona.
Arizona Sports Teams
- Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Coyotes
- Arizona Diamondbacks
- Arizona State University Sun Devils
- Grand Canyon University Antelopes
- Northern Arizona University Lumberjacks
- Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Mercury
- University of Arizona Wildcats
Latest Arizona sports betting news
- The Arizona Cardinals play their first preseason game on Friday, August 12, 2022, against the Cincinnati Bengals.
- The Diamondbacks start a seven-game road trip against division rivals, the Colorado Rockies and San Francisco Giants.
- The Phoenix Mercury have two games left in their season as they fight for a playoff spot.