- Adelaide Strikers History
- Administration and Support Staff
- Adelaide Strikers 2020 Squad - Players to Watchout
- Team Sponsors
- Fan Base
- Adelaide Strikers in Numbers
- Performance over the years
- Adelaide Strikers FAQs
PROMINENT PLAYERS - Travis Head, Rashid Khan, Alex Carey, Jake Weatherald, Peter Siddle
CAPTAIN - Travis Head
AMBASSADOR(S) - NA
LOGO - A simple calligraphic logo which reads Adelaide Strikers in Silver and blue
JERSEY - Blue kit
TEAM ANTHEM - We are the Strikers
MAJOR RIVALS - Melbourne Stars, Brisbane Heat, Sydney Thunder.
The Adelaide Strikers is a franchise cricket team which represents the city of Adelaide, South Australia in the Big Bash League, Australia's domestic T20 tournament. The Adelaide based franchise was founded in 2011. The team has Adelaide Oval for its home grounds. The team is currently led by Travis Head. The Adelaide Strikers won their first and only BBL title in the 2017-2018 season of the tournament.
Adelaide Strikers History
- Adelaide Strikers was founded.
- Michael Klinger was named the captain of the side.
- Adelaide Strikers finished 6th in the tournament.
- Adelaide Strikers underwent a change in leadership and the protease spinner, Johan Botha was appointed captain.
- Strikers finish 5th on the league table.
- Disappointing year for the strikers as they finish 7th in the tournament.
- Johan Botha continues as the captain of the side.
- Adelaide strikers finish at the top of the table at the end of the league stage.
- Adelaide Strikers come very close to winning but the title remains elusive and they finish 3rd.
- Change of leadership as Brad Hodge takes on charge.
- Adelaide Strikers finish at the top of the table in league stage for the second consecutive time.
- The results are exactly the duplicate of the last season as Adelaide Strikers finish 3rd again, for the second consecutive time.
- A disappointing year for the Adelaide Strikers as they finish 6th.
- Travis Head and Colin Ingram share captainship this season.
- Adelaide Strikers finally get their hands on the Big Bash League Trophy as they become the champions for the first time after defeating Hobart Hurricanes in the finals by 25 runs.
- The 2018-19 was extremely disappointing for the Strikers as they failed to qualify after finishing 7th on the table after the league stage.
- After finishing third on the table at the end of the league stages, Adelaide Strikers got knocked out in the playoffs.
Administration and Support Staff
Head Coach: Jason Gillespie
Team Director: NA
Batting Coach: NA
Bowling Coach: NA
Fielding Coach: NA
Strength and Conditioning Coach: NA
Adelaide Strikers 2020 Squad - Players to Watch out
#1. Travis Head
Captain of the Strikers, Travis Head, is certainly one the best in the business. Head brings stability to both the Batting and Bowling line-ups of the Strikers. Head can certainly be quite viscous with the ball by the standards of a part-timer and handy with the bat in the middle order.
#2. Rashid Khan
Rashid Khan is unarguably one of the best all-rounders when it comes to T20 cricket. The Afghan spinner has played in T20 leagues all around the world and in the BBL has found home at the Adelaide Strikers. Rashid's mystery combined with his unique bowling abilities where he releases the ball much quicker than usual leg spin has helped him scalp quite a many wickets over the years. Rashid commands a reputation of taking the ball for a ride all around the ground with his batting. One can only expect Rashid to light the stadiums up in Big Bash League 2020-21.
#3. Alex Carey
The wicket-keeper batsman, Alex Carey is indispensable for the Strikers. He has been brilliant with the bat during his time with the Strikers. Carry played a vital role in Strikers BBL 07 victorious campaign. He scored the most runs by a Strikers batsman- 443 in BBL 07. When Carey joined the Strikers in 2016 he was just 25 years old, but now he is far more mature in his approach. His form is going to be crucial for Adelaide Strikers' future in BBL 10.
Click here to see BBL stats for 2020-21.
#4. Jake Weatherald
Jake Weatherald is one of the best batsman of the Adelaide Strikers squad. He is one of the key players of the Adelaide Strikers 2020 squad. He has scored the highest score of 115 for the Strikers. The 26 year-old from the Northern Territory can turn out to be Adelaide Strikers' Trump card this season.
#5. Peter Siddle
Peter Siddle is a well established name in Australian cricket. Siddle is a fiery fast bowler and has a reputation for his aggressive bowling. He was the Strikers' most effective option in the last edition of the Big Bash League. In the 2019-20 edition Siddle scalped the most number of wickets for the Strikers: 19 in total.
Adelaide Strikers have Vodafone Hutchison Australia or VHA as their major partner. The Australian telecommunication company provides mobile voice, text, data and NBN services. People's Choice Credit Union is one of the major sponsors for Adelaide Strikers. Among other major partners is Statewide Super, West End, Comwire IT, Nova 919 and FIVEaa.
The official Instagram handle of Adelaide Strikers has over 126 thousand followers. On YouTube the official Adelaide Strikers account has over 5.19k subscribers. Adelaide Strikers' official Facebook page is also very active with regular updates and uploads and 411 thousand likes.
Adelaide Strikers in Numbers
Most Runs: Travis Head: 1279
Most Centuries: Travis Head, Jake Weatherald, Alex Carey: 1
Most Fifties: Jake Weatherald: 9
Best Batting Average: Jonathan Wells: 42.43
Best Strike Rate: Phil Salt: 164.09
Most Sixes: Travis Head: 59
Most Fours: Jake Weatherald: 127
Highest Individual Score: Jake Weatherald: 115
Most Wickets: Ben Laughlin: 60
Best Economy: Saeed Ajmal: 5.50
Best Bowling Figures: Ish Sodhi: 3.3-11-6
Best Bowling Average: Ish Sodhi: 7.77
Most Runs Conceded: Kane Richardson: 4.0-54-2
Most 4 Wickets: Ish Sodhi: 1
Highest Score: 207/8 v Hobart Hurricanes
Lowest Score: 87/10 v Sydney Sixers
Performance over the years
|Year||Captain||Result||Top Batsman||Runs||Top Bowler||Wickets||Win %|
|2011-12||Michael Klinger||6th ||Michael Klinger||198||Aaron O'Brien||6||28.57%|
|2012-13||Johan Botha||5th||Michael Klinger||242||Kane Richardson||10||50.00%|
|2013-14||Johan Botha, Philip Hughes||7th||Michael Klinger||223||Shaun Tait||11||25.00%|
|2014-15||Johan Botha||3rd||Tim Ludeman||253||Cameron Boyce||10||66.67%|
|2015-16||Brad Hodge||3rd||Travis Head||299||Cameron Boyce||11||77.78%|
|2016-17||Brad Hodge||6th||Ben Dunk||364||Ish Sodhi||9||37.50%|
|2017-18||Travis Head, Colin Ingram||Champions||Alex Carey||443||Rashid Khan||18||69.23%|
|2018-19||Travis Head, Colin Ingram||7th||Jonathan Wells||359||Rashid Khan||19||42.86%|
|2019-20||Travis Head||3rd||Jonathan Wells||478||Peter Siddle||19||53.33%|
Adelaide Strikers FAQs
Q. Who has scored the most runs for Adelaide Strikers so far?
A. Travis Head, the current captain of the Adelaide Strikers has scored a total of 1279 runs, the highest for them so far.
Q. Who had taken the most number of wickets for the Adelaide Strikers so far?
A. Ben Laughlin has the highest number of Wickets for the Adelaide Strikers: 60.
Q. How many BBL titles does the Adelaide Strikers have?
A. The Adelaide Strikers have a single BBL title which they won in BBL 07 edition of 2017-18.