The 2023 season of Valorant esports is set to officially kick off with the VCT LOCK//IN 2023. This inaugural tournament is set to be held at the Ginásio do Ibirapuera in São Paulo, Brazil, from February 13 to March 04, 2023, featuring all 30 franchised Valorant rosters along with two invited teams from China.
Riot Games announced its plans for the future of Valorant earlier in 2022, detailing a new structure that it will follow to ensure the growth of the game's esports ecosystem. As a result, a set of thirty teams, 10 from each of the three major regions - the Pacific, EMEA, and the Americas - have partnered with Riot to compete in Valorant's tier-1 circuit.
Riot Games reveals format and start date for VCT LOCK//IN São Paulo 2023
The VCT LOCK//IN in Brazil will be a one-of-a-kind esports spectacle that will feature all 30 partnership teams competing under the same roof for a singular trophy.
Riot Games is yet to announce the prize pool for the tournament. However, being a competition with 32 of the top Valorant rosters in the world, fans can expect the VCT LOCK//IN to pack a sumptuous cheque for its winners.
VCT 2023 will be the only season to feature the LOCK//IN tournament. Future seasons of the Valorant Champions Tour will have an entire split of the three different Valorant Franchise Leagues instead of the LOCK//IN.
Being a tournament of such a large nature, Riot Games had to resort to a unique format to conduct the proceedings of the VCT LOCK//IN 2023. The event will consist of a single-elimination bracket featuring all 32 teams.
Teams will be drawn into two different groups within the bracket, namely - Alpha and Omega. The top two teams from each group will qualify for the single-elimination playoffs. The groups have been drawn so that teams don't play other teams from the same region in their opening matchup.
Teams will compete in a series of best-of-threes until the semi-finals. Both the semis and the Grand Finals will be conducted as best-of-fives.
All 32 teams competing in the VCT LOCK//IN 2023 will be split into two groups of 16. The group allotments and participating teams are listed below.
- KOI (EMEA)
- NRG (Americas)
- DetonatioN FocusMe (Pacific)
- Giants Gaming (EMEA)
- Gen.G (Pacific)
- LOUD (Americas)
- FunPlus Phoenix (China)
- Karmine Corp (EMEA)
- BBL Esports (EMEA)
- DRX (Pacific)
- Cloud9 (Americas)
- Paper Rex (Pacific)
- Team Heretics (EMEA)
- Evil Geniuses (Americas)
- MIBR (Americas)
- Talon Esports (Pacific)
- Team Liquid (EMEA)
- Team Secret (Pacific)
- Natus Vincere (EMEA)
- KRU Esports (Americas)
- ZETA DIVISION (Pacific)
- Leviatan (Americas)
- Team Vitality (EMEA)
- Global Esports (Pacific)
- FUT Esports (EMEA)
- Rex Regum Qeon (Pacific)
- 100 Thieves (Americas)
- EDward Gaming
- Sentinels (Americas)
- Fnatic (EMEA)
- T1 (Pacific)
- FURIA (Americas)
Complete Schedule & Live Results
The 32-team single-elimination bracket of VCT LOCK//IN 2023 will commence on February 13, 2023, and the playoffs stage will kick off on March 2.
Matches in Group Alpha will be held from February 13 - 19 until only two teams remain. Group Omega will compete in a similar fashion from February 22 - 27, 2023.
Here is the complete schedule for the Group Stage of VCT LOCK//IN 2023.
Note: This article will be regularly updated throughout the tournament
Monday, February 13
- NRG Esports defeated KOI (2-0): Icebox (13-11); Haven (13-9)
- Giants Gaming defeated DetonatioN FocusMe (2-0): Haven (13-4); Icebox (13-7)
Tuesday, February 14
- Karmine Corp defeated FunPlus Phoenix (2-1): Lotus (13-6); Haven (8-13); Pearl (13-6)
- DRX defeated BBL Esports (2-1): Pearl (13-3); Ascent (11-13); Haven (13-7)
- Cloud9 defeated Paper Rex (2-0): Lotus (13-8); Pearl (13-4)
Wednesday, February 15
- Evil Geniuses defeated Team Heretics (2-0): Pearl (13-8); Ascent (13-8)
- Talon Esports defeated MIBR (2-0): Haven (13-8); Fracture (13-11)
- LOUD defeated Gen.G (2-0): Pearl (13-9); Fracture (14-12)
Friday, February 17
- NRG defeated Giants Gaming (2-1): Lotus (12-14); Haven (13-1); Icebox (13-7)
- LOUD defeated Karmine Corp (2-0): Pearl (13-10); Split (13-8)
Saturday, February 18
- DRX defeated Cloud9 (2-1): Pearl (3-13); Haven (13-7); Icebox (13-2)
- Talon Esports defeated Evil Geniuses (2-0): Haven (13-11); Spit (13-10)
Sunday, February 19
- LOUD defeated NRG Esports (2-1): Split (13-3); Pearl (13-15); Fracture (18-16)
- DRX defeated Talon Esports (2-1): Fracture (10-13); Ascent (13-6); Icebox (13-10)
Wednesday, February 22
- Team Secret defeated Team Liquid (2-0): Icebox (13-8); Fracture (13-7)
- Natus Vincere defeated KRU Esports (2-0): Ascent (13-5); Lotus (13-10)
- Leviatan defeated ZETA DIVISION (2-0): Ascent (13-4); Pearl (13-11)
Thursday, February 23
- Team Vitality defeated Global Esports (2-1): Split (13-4); Pearl (9-13); Lotus (13-6)
- FUT Esports defeated Rex Regum Qeon (2-0): Lotus (13-3); Pearl (13-11)
- 100 Thieves defeated EDward Gaming: Icebox (13-10); Lotus (9-13); Pearl (14-12)
Friday, February 24
- Fnatic defeated Sentinels (2-0): Haven (13-6); Split (13-7)
- FURIA defeated T1 (2-0): Pearl (13-7); Icebox (13-5)
Saturday, February 25
- Natus Vincere defeated Team Secret (2-0): Icebox (13-8); Pearl (13-4)
- Leviatan defeated Team Vitality (2-0): Haven (16-14); Pearl (13-3)
Sunday, February 26
- 100 Thieves defeated FUT Esports (2-1): Lotus (9-13); Haven (13-11); Icebox (13-8)
- Fnatic defeated FURIA (2-0): Haven (18-16); Ascent (13-9)
Monday, February 27
- Natus Vincere defeated Leviatan (2-0): Ascent (13-10); Fracture (13-2)
- Fnatic defeated 100 Thieves (2-0): Fracture (13-1); Icebox (13-10)
Thursday, March 2
- LOUD defeated DRX (3-2): Pearl (13-5); Icebox (13-8); Split (7-13); Fracture (7-13); Ascent (13-8)
Friday, March 3
- Fnatic defeated NAVI (3-0): Haven (13-11); Lotus (13-4); Fracture (13-11)
Saturday, March 4
- Showmatch - Team FRTTT defeated Team tarik (1-0): Lotus (13-10)
- Fnatic defeated LOUD (3-2): Ascent (13-8); Fracture (13-7); Split (9-13); Lotus (8-13); Icebox (14-12)
Where to watch
Similar to previous VCT events, the LOCK//IN 2023 will be streamed live on VCT's official channels on YouTube and Twitch. Viewers can also tune into the official watch parties of streamers worldwide to catch the event live with some of their favorite commentary and analysis.