IPL 2018: MS Dhoni-led CSK rule on the field and on Twitter
#VIVOIPL had its share of enthralling action in Week 3 of the tournament on the ground and on Twitter.
With the 11th season of the biggest T20 league underway, the conversation around #IPL is heating up on Twitter. Sports fans have been kept on the edge of their seats, as a bulk of the matches have gone down to the wire with the last-over finishes. Twitter is where conversations around cricket happen, and with the IPL it’s no different.
Since the start of April, there have been over 5 million Tweets on cricket from teams, players and fans alike. That’s an 81% increase in conversation volume compared with the same period a year ago!
#VIVOIPL had its share of enthralling action in Week 3 of the tournament on the ground and on Twitter. Week 3 of the T20 league has produced some jaw-dropping moments which have raised the excitement levels among fans.
Here’s what fans are talking about on Twitter in week 3:
Most Tweeted team emoji hashtags
Most mentioned matches
Most Tweeted about moments
1. After being taken to the cleaners by tail-ender Rashid Khan, DJ bravo held his nerve and won CSK the match on the last ball of a nail-biting clash #SRHvCSK
2. Cometh the hour, Cometh the man. K Gowtham, the unlikely hero for RR, hits a six on the second-last ball of the innings to win his side the match #RRvMI
3. Chris Gayle – The Universe Boss hits the first 100 of the #VIVOIPL #KXIPvSRH
4. Mr 360°, AB De Villiers hit 90 runs off 39 balls in a man-of-the-match performance to win his team the match with two overs to spare #RCB
5. Shane Watson’s 100 after being given a life twice in the innings, helped CSK down RR #CSKvRR
Most trended hashtags (most Tweeted non-match hashtags)
Most mentioned teams (12-17 April)
Most Tweeted emojis
Top 5 Most Retweeted Tweets
Most Retweeted video
Here’s what the players are talking on Twitter #OnlyOnTwitter:
Our tournament homepage has IPL live score, Match Analysis, Detailed Stats, Fantasy Tips, Controversies, Match Predictions and much more. Bookmark it now!