With total of 8 teams and 56 Round Robin Matches, Teams ranking in top 4 of IPL Points Table will progress to Qualifiers of IPL 2018. IPL Standings are determined based on following parameters.
1. Win = 2 Points
2. Tie = 1 Point
3. Lose = 0 Point
If the Teams have same points in the IPL standings after completion of round robin matches, the team with higher NRR will rank higher in the IPL Points Table.
1. No team has ever progressed to Qualifier with less than 14 points in the history of IPL
2. 5 out of 13 teams in IPL has accumulated 22 points in a season, which is the highest in the last 10 seasons of IPL
3. Delhi Daredevils & Deccan Chargers are the only 2 teams to have accumulated 4 points in a IPL Season which is the lowest points accumulated by any team.
4. KKR, SRH & Deccan Chargers are the only team which has never finished 1st in IPL Points table but won the IPL trophy.
5. Delhi Daredevils has finished 1st in IPL Points Table twice but never won IPL Trophy
|2||Chennai Super Kings||14||9||5||0||0.253||18|
|3||Kolkata Knight Riders||14||8||6||0||-0.070||16|
|6||Royal Challengers Bangalore||14||6||8||0||0.129||12|
|7||Kings XI Punjab||14||6||8||0||-0.502||12|