Captain - Steve Smith
Vice Captain - N/A
Ambassador(S) - Shane Warne
Logo - Two 'Rs' back to back with trumpeting lions on either side and Rajasthan Royals inscribed, all in gold against a blue background.
Jersey - Predominantly pink jersey with accents of blue.
Team Song - Halla Bol.
Major Rivals - Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Capitals, Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Table of Contents
- Administration and Support Staff
- Team Sponsors
- RR - Batting Stats
- RR - Bowling Stats
- Fan Base
- Rajasthan Royals - Performance over the years
- RR 2020 Squad - Players to Watchout
- RR FAQs
- Deemed underdogs by cricketing pundits.
- Australian ace spinner Shane Warne named captain.
- RR smashes through popular opinions to lift the inaugural IPL trophy.
- The Defending champions lost their trump card from the first season, Sohail Tanvir due to the ban imposed by the BCCI on Pakistani players.
- Shane Watson was also unavailable for the entire season.
- RR finishes 6th out of the eight teams.
- Yusuf Pathan hits the then fastest IPL hundred off of just 37 balls.
- Rajasthan failed miserably for the second time as they finished 7th this time.
- RR and KXIP got temporarily ejected out of IPL due to issues of their unreported ownership changes.
- Shane Watson and Shane Warne were retained.
- RR bought in serious pace attack in Shaun Tait and Johan Botha.
- RR finished 6th.
- Rajasthan Royals finished in seventh place after a disappointing season.
- RR won only seven matches out of sixteen.
- RR finished third in the group stages.
- They won the eliminator but lost the Qualifier 2.
- Three Rajasthan Royals players Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila were arrested from Mumbai by Delhi Police along with eleven bookies on charges of spot-fixing in the tournament on 16th May, 2013. They were later suspended by BCCI indefinitely.
- Rajasthan Royals retained five players – Sanju Samson, Ajinkya Rahane, Shane Watson, James Faulkner and Stuart Binny.
- Shane Watson was named captain.
- RR failed to qualify for the playoffs and finished 5th.
- Shane Watson continued as the captain for the second year.
- RR reached the playoffs and finished fourth.
- RR were banned following the spot-fixing fiasco.
- RR were banned following the spot-fixing fiasco.
- Rajasthan made their comeback after the two-year ban.
- Ajinkya Rahane was appointed the captain of the team.
- Following Steven Smith's ban, Heinrich Klassen was named as replacement.
- Steven Smith returns after the ban.
- Another disappointing year as RR finishes the season at the 7th place.
- RR's recent additions before the 2020 IPL are- Robin Uthappa, Jaydev Unadkat, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Anuj Rawat, Akash Singh, Kartik Tyagi, David Miller, Oshane Thomas, Anirudha Joshi, Andrew Tye, Tom Curran
Administration and Support Staff
Team Director: Zubin Bharucha
Team & Cricket Operations Manager: NA
Head Coach: Andrew McDonald
Batting Coach: Amol Muzumdar
Bowling Coach: Sairaj Bahutule
Fielding Coach: NA
Bowling Talent Development and Analytics: NA
Strength and Conditioning Coach: NA
Rajasthan Royals have signed a deal with 'Expo 2020' to be their title sponsor. Expo 2020 is a World Expo which is going to be hosted by Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. It will open on October 20, 2020. The Bureau International des Expositions (BIE) general assembly in Paris awarded Dubai as the host on November 27, 2013.
Also see - RR 2020 Schedule
RR - Batting Stats
Most Runs: Sanju Samson : 3280
Most Centuries: Sanju Samson : 2
Most Fifties: Rahul Dravid : 11
Best Average: Adam Voges : 45.25
Best Strike Rate: Jos Butler : 150.81
Most Sixes: Sanju Samson : 89
Highest Score: Ben Stokes : 103*
RR - Bowling Stats
Most Wickets: Dhawal Kulkarni - 86
Best Economy: Shane Warne - 7.27
Best Bowling Figures: Sohail Tanvir - 4-14-6
Best Average: Shreyas Gopal - 19.39
Most 4 Wickets: Sohail Tanvir - 1
Rajasthan Royals have earned themselves a loyal fan army over the years. From being underdogs in the first IPL season to one of the most cheered teams in the IPL, the Royals have sure come a long way . The Sawai Mansingh stadium looks like a sea of pink every time the Royals play there.
The official Instagram handle of RR has over 829K followers. On YouTube the official Rajasthan Royals account has over 91K subscribers. Rajasthan Royals' Facebook page is also very active with regular updates and uploads and 4.1M followers.
Rajasthan Royals - Performance over the years
|Year||Captain||Result||Top Batsman||Runs||Top Bowler||Wickets||Win %|
|2019||Ajinkya Rahane||7th||Ajinkya Rahane||393||Shreyas Gopal||20||36%|
|2018||Ajinkya Rahane||4th||Jos Butler||548||Jofra Archer||15||50%|
|2015||Shane Watson||4th||Ajinkya Rahane||540||Chris Morris||13||50%|
|2014||Shane Watson||5th||Ajinkya Rahane||339||Pravin Tambe||15||50%|
|2013||Rahul Dravid||3rd||Shane Watson||543||James Faulkner||28||62.50%|
|2012||Rahul Dravid||7th||Ajinkya Rahane||560||Brad Hogg||10||43.75%|
|2011||Shane Warne||6th||Rahul Dravid||343||Shane Warne||13||42.86%|
|2010||Shane Warne||7th||Naman Ojha||337||Shane Warne||11||42.86%|
|2009||Shane Warne||6th||Ravindra Jadeja||295||Munaf Patel||16||42.86%|
|2008||Shane Warne||1st||Shane Watson||472||Sohail Tanvir||22||78.57%|
RR 2020 Squad - Players to Watchout
#1. Steve Smith
One of the modern day greats, Steven Smith is the central figure in the Rajasthan Royals line-up. He is even set to lead the side again. If he goes all guns firing, he can turn the course of matches single handedly. He is one of the most devastating batsmen in world cricket at the moment and surely one of the players to watch out for this IPL.
#2. Ben Stokes
Unarguably Ben Stokes is the most versatile all-rounder at the moment in cricket. He played a major role in England's 2019 World Cup victory. He has even shown his character in Test cricket. Ben is going to be RR's trump card in this IPL.
#3. Jos Butler
The wicketkeeper-batsman from England is a run-machine. Butler is known for scoring quick runs which might be in hand with the fast paced nature of the IPL. Apart from his batting skills, Butler has other services to offer. He is simply brilliant behind the wicket which is going to be a crucial asset to RR's disposal.
#4. David Miller
Well, you just do not earn a nickname such as 'Killer' Miller if you are not worth it. David Miller has lit up IPL seasons on several occasions with his cruel batting and no doubt he is going to do so yet again this time.
#5. Sanju Samson
Sanju Samson was just a young talent when he got drafted to RR. But today he has risen to the position of an important player in RR's squad. Recently Samson has also worked his way into the national squad. With his hitting abilities and his warm young blood, he can cause some serious trouble for the opposition.
1) Which players did RR retain before the 2020 auctions?
A. RR retained the following players before the 2020 auction : Steve Smith, Sanju Samson, Jofra Archer, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Riyan Parag, Shashank Singh, Shreyas Gopal, Mahipal Lomror, Varun Aaron, Manan Vohra.
2) Who were the players released by RR before the 2020 auctions?
A. RR released the following players before the 2020 auction : Ashton Turner, Oshane Thomas, Shubham Ranjane, Prashant Chopra, Ish Sodhi, Aryaman Birla, Jaydev Unadkat, Rahul Tripathi, Stuart Binny, Liam Livingstone, Sudheshan Midhun, Ajinkya Rahane.
3) Who were the players bought by RR in the 2020 auctions?
A. RR bought the following players in the 2020 auction : Robin Uthappa, Jaydev Unadkat, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Anuj Rawat, Akash Singh, Kartik Tyagi, David Miller, Oshane Thomas, Anirudha Joshi, Andrew Tye, Tom Curran.
Click here to check RR last match scorecard and squad