Captain - Sanju Samson
Vice Captain - N/A
Ambassador(S) - Shane Warne
Logo - Two 'Rs' back to back with trumpeting lions on either side and Rajasthan Royals inscribed, all in gold against a blue background.
Jersey - Predominantly pink jersey with accents of blue.
Team Song - Halla Bol.
Major Rivals - Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Capitals, Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Table of Contents
- Administration and Support Staff
- Team Sponsors
- RR - Batting Stats
- RR - Bowling Stats
- Fan Base
- Rajasthan Royals - Performance over the years
- RR 2021 Squad - Players to Watchout
- RR FAQs
- Deemed underdogs by cricketing pundits.
- Australian ace spinner Shane Warne named captain.
- RR smashes through popular opinions to lift the inaugural IPL trophy.
- The Defending champions lost their trump card from the first season, Sohail Tanvir due to the ban imposed by the BCCI on Pakistani players.
- Shane Watson was also unavailable for the entire season.
- RR finishes 6th out of the eight teams.
- Yusuf Pathan hits the then fastest IPL hundred off of just 37 balls.
- Rajasthan failed miserably for the second time as they finished 7th this time.
- RR and KXIP got temporarily ejected out of IPL due to issues of their unreported ownership changes.
- Shane Watson and Shane Warne were retained.
- RR bought in serious pace attack in Shaun Tait and Johan Botha.
- RR finished 6th.
- Rajasthan Royals finished in seventh place after a disappointing season.
- RR won only seven matches out of sixteen.
- RR finished third in the group stages.
- They won the eliminator but lost the Qualifier 2.
- Three Rajasthan Royals players Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila were arrested from Mumbai by Delhi Police along with eleven bookies on charges of spot-fixing in the tournament on 16th May, 2013. They were later suspended by BCCI indefinitely.
- Rajasthan Royals retained five players – Sanju Samson, Ajinkya Rahane, Shane Watson, James Faulkner and Stuart Binny.
- Shane Watson was named captain.
- RR failed to qualify for the playoffs and finished 5th.
- Shane Watson continued as the captain for the second year.
- RR reached the playoffs and finished fourth.
- RR were banned following the spot-fixing fiasco.
- RR were banned following the spot-fixing fiasco.
- Rajasthan made their comeback after the two-year ban.
- Ajinkya Rahane was appointed the captain of the team.
- Following Steven Smith's ban, Heinrich Klassen was named as replacement.
- Steven Smith returns after the ban.
- Another disappointing year as RR finishes the season at the 7th place.
- The Royals finish last on the points table with just 6 wins in 14 games and a negative Net Run Rate of 0.569.
- RR's recent additions before the 2021 IPL are Shivam Dube, Chris Morris, Mustafizur Rahman, Chetan Sakariya, KC Cariappa, Liam Livingstone, Kuldip Yadav and Akash Singh.
Administration and Support Staff
COO: Jake Lush McCrum
Strategy, Development and Performance Director: Zubin Bharucha
Director of Cricket Operations: Kumar Sangakkara
Head Coach: Trevor Penney
High Performance Batting Coach: Amol Muzumdar
Spin Bowling Coach: Sairaj Bahutule
Fast Bowling Coach: Rob Cassell
Fielding Coach: Dishant Yagnik
The Rajasthan Royals have a co-sponsorship deal with Yellow Panther, Sportz interactive, interactive avenues, epiphany, Jio, KEI Wires and Cables, Colgate, Kingfisher, Dream11, BKT, kotak, tv9 and Red Bull for IPL 2021.
Also see - RR 2021 Schedule
RR - Batting Stats
Most Runs: Ajinkya Rahane: 3098 runs
Most Centuries: Ajinkya Rahane, Shane Watson: 2
Most Fifties: Ajinkya Rahane: 21
Best Average: Tom Curran: 83.00
Best Strike Rate: Kevon Cooper: 175.31
Most Sixes: Shane Watson: 114
Highest Score: Ben Stokes : 107*
RR - Bowling Stats
Most Wickets: Siddharth Trivedi: 65 wickets
Best Economy: Aaron Finch: 4.29
Best Bowling Figures: Sohail Tanvir - 4-14-6
Best Average: Lee Carseldine: 6.00
Most 4 Wickets: Pravin Tambe, Kevon Cooper: 2
Rajasthan Royals have earned themselves a loyal fan army over the years. From being underdogs in the first IPL season to one of the most cheered teams in the IPL, the Royals have sure come a long way. The Sawai Mansingh stadium looks like a sea of pink every time the Royals play there.
The official Instagram handle of RR has over 1.5 million followers, while their Twitter account has 1.4 million followers. On YouTube the official Rajasthan Royals account has over 338K subscribers. Rajasthan Royals' Facebook page is also very active with regular updates and uploads and 4.3 million followers.
Rajasthan Royals - Performance over the years
|Year||Captain||Result||Top Batsman||Runs||Top Bowler||Wickets||Win %|
|2020||Steve Smith||8th||Sanju Samson||375||Jofra Archer||20||43%|
|2019||Ajinkya Rahane||7th||Ajinkya Rahane||393||Shreyas Gopal||20||36%|
|2018||Ajinkya Rahane||4th||Jos Butler||548||Jofra Archer||15||50%|
|2015||Shane Watson||4th||Ajinkya Rahane||540||Chris Morris||13||50%|
|2014||Shane Watson||5th||Ajinkya Rahane||339||Pravin Tambe||15||50%|
|2013||Rahul Dravid||3rd||Shane Watson||543||James Faulkner||28||62.50%|
|2012||Rahul Dravid||7th||Ajinkya Rahane||560||Brad Hogg||10||43.75%|
|2011||Shane Warne||6th||Rahul Dravid||343||Shane Warne||13||42.86%|
|2010||Shane Warne||7th||Naman Ojha||337||Shane Warne||11||42.86%|
|2009||Shane Warne||6th||Ravindra Jadeja||295||Munaf Patel||16||42.86%|
|2008||Shane Warne||1st||Shane Watson||472||Sohail Tanvir||22||78.57%|
RR 2021 Squad - Players to Watchout
#1. Chris Morris
The costliest buy in an IPL auction, Chris Morris, will have the responsibility of INR 16.25 crores on his shoulders as he arrives for IPL 2021 in India. He will be back with the Royals with the role of the primary all-rounder. He will be analyzed, evaluated and criticized for every ball he bowls or faces in the tournament.
#2. Ben Stokes
Unarguably Ben Stokes is the most versatile all-rounder at the moment in cricket. He played a major role in England's 2019 World Cup victory. He has even shown his character in Test cricket. Ben is going to be RR's trump card in this IPL.
#3. Jos Butler
The wicketkeeper-batsman from England is a run-machine. Butler is known for scoring quick runs which might be in hand with the fast paced nature of the IPL. Apart from his batting skills, Butler has other services to offer. He is simply brilliant behind the wicket which is going to be a crucial asset to RR's disposal.
#4. David Miller
Well, you just do not earn a nickname such as 'Killer' Miller if you are not worth it. David Miller has lit up IPL seasons on several occasions with his cruel batting and no doubt he is going to do so yet again this time.
#5. Sanju Samson
Sanju Samson was just a young talent when he got drafted to RR. But today he has risen to the position of the Rajasthan Royals captain. With his hitting abilities and his warm young blood, he can cause some serious trouble for the opposition.
Q1) Which players did RR retain before the 2021 auctions?
A. RR retained the following players before the 2021 auction: Sanju Samson, Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer, Jos Buttler, Mahipal Lomror, Manan Vohra, Mayank Markande, Rahul Tewatia, Riyan Parag, Shreyas Gopal, Robin Uthappa, Jaydev Unadkat, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Anuj Rawat, Kartik Tyagi, David Miller and Andrew Tye
Q2) Who were the players released by RR before the 2021 auctions?
A. RR released the following players before the 2021 auction: Steve Smith, Akash Singh, Anirudha Joshi, Ankit Rajpoot, Oshane Thomas, Shashank Singh, Tom Curran and Varun Aaron.
Q3) Who were the players bought by RR in the 2021 auctions?
A. RR bought the following players in the 2021 auction: Shivam Dube, Chris Morris, Mustafizur Rahman, Chetan Sakariya, KC Cariappa, Liam Livingstone, Kuldip Yadav and Akash Singh.