Captain - Virat Kohli
Vice Captain - AB de Villiers
Ambassador(s) - NA for 2020
Home : Red(Prominent)+Black+Gold
Away : Black(Prominent)+Red+Gold
Team Anthem - NA
Major Rivals - Mumbai Indians, Chennai Super Kings, Kolkata Knight Riders
Logo - RCB recently changed their logo, golden lion wearing a crown with Bangalore emblemed at the bottom along with the words Royal Challengers under it.
Table of Contents
- Administration and Support Staff
- Team Sponsors
- RCB - Batting Stats
- RCB - Bowling Stats
- RCB - Team Stats
- Fan Base
- Performance over the years
- RCB 2020 Squad - Players to Watch out
- FAQs on Royal Challengers Bangalore
The Royal Challengers Bangalore a.k.a. RCB is a franchise cricket team based in Bangalore, which participates in the Indian Premier League. Royal Challengers Bangalore was founded in 2008 by United Spirits. The team has M. Chinnaswamy Stadium at Bangalore for its home ground. The team is currently led by the Captain of the Indian Cricket team, Virat Kohli. RCB has won zero IPL titles so far. RCB team 2020 is on their journey to redemption.
Who is the Owner of RCB in 2020?
- Local boy, Rahul Dravid becomes the captain for the first season of IPL in 2008.
- RCB finishes seventh at the bottom of the table.
- RCB had a change of leadership in the form of the English captain, Kevin Pietersen.
- RCB comes very close to the title but finishes second.
- Anil Kumble becomes the captain in the third season.
- RCB again had an amazing tournament but they finished third.
- Major personnel changes in the major auction.
- Retain only one player, Virat Kohli, releasing all players into the auction pool.
- Major Buys buys : AB de Villiers, Dilshan and Zaheer Khan.
- Chris Gayle joined in later as a replacement for an injured Dirk Nannes.
- Daniel Vettori named captain.
- RCB finishes runner-up.
- Change of leadership midway through the tournament.
- Daniel Vettori stepped down willingly and handed over the captaincy duties to young Virat Kohli.
- RCB finished fifth for the fifth season.
- RCB have another uneventful season as they finish in fifth place second consecutive time.
- In 2014 the team bought Albie Morkel, Mitchell Starc, Ravi Rampaul, Parthiv Patel, Ashok Dinda, Muttiah Muralitharan, Nic Maddinson, Harshal Patel, Varun Aaron, Vijay Zol and Yuvraj Singh.
- The seventh IPL season saw RCB finishing in seventh place.
- In IPL 2015, RCB again had to face disappointment after playing so well as they finished 3rd.
- The 2016 edition was perhaps the most heartbreaking one for RCB.
- RCB's captain, Virat Kohli has a dream IPL with four centuries in the season.
- But yet again, the RCB squad and it's fans had to face despair as they finished runner-up.
- RCB finishes last at the 8th position.
- Another disappointing year as RCB finishes the season at the 6th place.
- RCB finished the season at the bottom of the table at 8th place.
- RCB's recent additions before the 2020 IPL are- Aaron Finch , Chris Morris , Joshua Philippe , Kane Richardson, Pavan Deshpande , Dale Steyn , Shahbaz Ahamad , Isuru Udana. RCB 2020 Players list seems promising just like previous years. Only time will tell whether it will deliver.
Administration and Support Staff
Team Director: Mike Hesson
Team And Cricket Operations Manager: Avinash Vaidya
Head Coach: Simon Katich
Batting Coach: Sridharan Sriram
Bowling Coach: Adam Griffith
Fielding Coach: NA
Bowling Talent Development and Analytics: Sports Mechanics
Strength and Conditioning Coach: Basu Shanker
Physiotherapist: Evan Speechly
RCB has recently signed 'Muthoot Blue' as their title sponsor which would be replacing 'Wrogn'. Muthoot Pappachan Group has businesses in financial services, vehicle dealerships, real estate and healthcare, among other sectors. The company is separate to the Muthoot Group that is title sponsoring the Chennai Super Kings, another IPL team, this season. However, both companies are offshoots of businesses started by entrepreneur Muthoot Ninan Mathai almost a 100 years ago.
Click here for RCB schedule 2020.
RCB - Batting Stats
Most Runs: Virat Kohli : 5412 runs
Most Centuries: Virat Kohli : 5
Most Fifties: Virat Kohli : 36
Fastest Fifty: Chris Gayle : 17 balls
Fastest Century: Chris Gayle : 30 balls
Best Batting Average: Iqbal Abdullah : 44.00
Best Strike Rate: Moeen Ali : 165.92
Most Sixes: AB de Villiers : 212
Most Fours: Virat Kohli : 480
Highest Individual Score: Chris Gayle : 175*
Highest Batting Partnerships by Wicket: Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers 229 runs for 2nd wicket.
RCB - Bowling Stats
Most Wickets: Umesh Yadav : 119
Best Economy: Anil Kumble : 6.57
Best Bowling Figures: Anil Kumble : 5-5-3.1
Best Bowling Average: Mitchell Starc : 20.38
Most Maidens: Dale Steyn : 7
Most Runs Conceded: Tim Southee : 4-61-0
Most 4 Wickets: Anil Kumble : 2
Most Hat-tricks: NA
Most Dot Balls: Dale Steyn : 998
RCB - Team Stats
Highest Score: 263/5
Lowest Score: 49/10
Also see - IPL schedule
Royal Challengers Bangalore probably has the most loyal fan base of all the teams in the IPL. Despite the disappointing and unsatisfactory performances by the team over the years, fans still support the franchise with all their heart. The Chinnaswamy stadium is always overflowing with the red colour and fans make it a point to turn up to support their team, no matter the results. Royal Challengers Bangalore call their fans the 'Bold Army', a name truly deserved. On every RCB home game, all you can hear are 'RCB….RCB' chants which fill up the entire stadium.
The official Instagram handle of RCB has over 3.3 million followers. On YouTube the official Royal Challengers Bangalore account has over 641K subscribers. Royal Challengers Bangalore's Facebook page is also very active with regular updates and uploads.
Performance over the years
|Year ||Captain||Result||Top Batsman||Runs||Top Bowler||Wickets||Win%|
|2019||Virat Kohli||8th||Virat Kohli||464||Yuzvendra Chahal||18||35.71%|
|2018||Virat Kohli||6th||Virat Kohli||530||Umesh Yadav||20||42.85%|
|2017||Virat Kohli/Shane Watson||8th||Virat Kohli||308||Pawan Negi||16||21.42%|
|2016||Virat Kohli||2nd||Virat Kohli||973||Yuzvendra Chahal||21||56.25%|
|2015||Virat Kohli||3rd||AB de Villiers||513||Yuzvendra Chahal|| 23||50.00%|
|2014||Virat Kohli||7th||AB de Villiers||395||Varun Aaron||16||35.71%|
|2013||Virat Kohli||5th||Chris Gayle||708||Vinay Kumar||23||56.25%|
|2012||Daniel Vettori/Virat Kohli||5th||Chris Gayle||733||Vinay Kumar||19||50.00%|
|2011||Daniel Vettori/Virat Kohli||2nd||Chris Gayle||608||Sreenath Arvind||21||62.50%|
|2010||Anil Kumble||3rd||Jacques Kallis||572||Anil Kumble||17||50.00%|
|2009||Kevin Pietersen/Anil Kumble||2nd||Jacques Kallis||361||Anil Kumble||21||56.25%|
|2008||Rahul Dravid||7th||Rahul Dravid||371||Zaheer Khan||13||28.57%|
RCB 2020 Squad - Players to Watch out
#1. Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli is undoubtedly the most feared cricketer in international cricket at the moment. And he certainly is the best in the business. King Kohli brings elegance and aggression in the perfect balance to the party. And if he gets going, there is simply no stopping him.
#2. AB de Villiers
Even after retiring from international cricket, AB de Villiers is unarguably one of the best when it comes to T20 cricket. AB has the reputation of taking the bowler for a ride all around the ground with his 360° hitting. We can surely expect him to light the stadiums up in IPL 2020.
#3. Moeen Ali
Moeen is one of the best all-rounders in world cricket at the moment. He played a crucial role in England's victory last year and has always proved to be vital for RCB as well. He brings in the perfect balance to the team with his brilliant bowling and powerful batting skills.
#4. Yuzvendra Chahal
India's ace spinner, Yuzvendra Chahal is one of the key players of the RCB 2020 squad. With the ability to take wickets at crucial stages, Yuzi Chahal will surely trouble the batsman with his vicious bowling in this IPL just like every other IPL he has played so far.
#5. Aaron Finch
One of the most important additions to the RCB 2020 Squad is the Australian captain Aaron Finch. If he begins his 'Finch' hitting, all the fielders are good for, is to be mere spectators. He can surely make an impact in IPL 2020.
FAQs on Royal Challengers Bangalore
1) Which players did RCB retain before the 2020 auctions?
A. RCB retained the following players before the 2020 auction : Virat Kohli, Moeen Ali, Yuzvendra Chahal, Parthiv Patel, Mohammed Siraj, Umesh Yadav, Pawan Negi, Devdutt Padikkal, Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Washington Sundar, Shivam Dube, Navdeep Saini and AB de Villiers.
2) Who were the players released by RCB before the 2020 auctions?
A. RCB released the following players before the 2020 auction : Marcus Stoinis, Shimron Hetmyer, Akshdeep Nath, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Colin de Grandhomme, Prayas Ray Barman, Tim Southee, Kulwant Khejroliya, Himmat Singh, Heinrich Klaasen, Milind Kumar.
3) Who were the players bought by RCB in the 2020 auctions?
A. RCB bought the following players in the 2020 auction : Aaron Finch , Chris Morris , Joshua Philippe , Kane Richardson, Pavan Deshpande , Dale Steyn , Shahbaz Ahamad , Isuru Udana.
4) When is the first RCB match in IPL 2020?
A. The first match of RCB is on Monday, 21 September 2020 against team MI