Captain - David Warner
Vice Captain - Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
Ambassador(S) - V.V.S Laxman
Jersey - Orange and Black
Theme Song - Sunrisers Anthem
Major Rival(s) - Royal Challengers Bangalore, Chennai Super Kings, Mumbai Indians.
Logo - Orange Eagle with Sunrisers Hyderabad written below.
Table of Contents
- SRH History
- Administration and Support Staff
- Team Sponsors
- All-time Team Stats
- Batting Stats
- Bowling Stats
- Team Performance
- Fan Base
- Sunrisers Hyderabad Squad: Players to Watchout
- FAQs on Sunrisers Hyderabad
The Sunrisers Hyderabad a.k.a. SRH is a franchise cricket team based in Hyderabad, which participates in the Indian Premier League. Sunrisers Hyderabad was founded in 2012 and they replaced the Deccan Chargers in IPL. The team has Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, in Hyderabad for its home ground which has a capacity of 55,000.
Sunrisers Hyderabad team 2020 will be led by David Warner who recently replaced Kane Williamson as the captain of SRH. SRH has been once on the IPL winners list so far, when they defeated the prime contender of that season, RCB in the finals of IPL 2016. The Sunrisers Hyderabad franchise is owned by Kalanithi Maran of the Sun TV Network. The IPL team is currently coached by Trevor Bayliss.
- Sunrisers Debut in IPL 2013.
- Kumar Sangakkara appointed captain.
- Team performs well but finishes fourth place.
- Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan was appointed as captain of the SRH.
- SRH has a disappointing season as they finish 6th.
- David Warner was the highest run-scorer for SRH with 528 runs.
- David Warner replaces Shikhar Dhawan as captain.
- Another disappointing season with a sixth place finish for SRH.
- David Warner won the Orange Cap with 562 runs.
- SRH becomes the dark horse under David Warner.
- They steal the cup from under Royal Challenger Bangalore's noses who were actually dominating the season.
- SRH wins the IPL for the first time.
- Bhuvaneswar Kumar won the purple cap with 23 wickets.
- David Warner continues as captain.
- SRH have an illustrious title defence but fail.
- SRH finished third after several brilliant performances from David Warner and Bhuvaneshwar Kumar.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar retained the Purple Cap again bagging 23 wickets for the second consecutive time.
- David Warner won the Orange Cap after scoring 641 runs.
- Kane Williamson replaces David Warner as captain following the latter's ban after the infamous ball-tampering controversy.
- SRH battled their way to finals.
- They however lost to a returning Chennai Super Kings in the finale.
- Kane Williamson won the Orange Cap with 735 runs.
- David Warner returned after serving his one-year ban period but Kane Williamson continued as the captain.
- SRH reached the qualifiers but lost to Delhi Capitals in the Eliminator.
- David Warner won the orange cap with 692 runs.
- David Warner replaced Kane Williamson as captain.
- All-rounder Sakib Al Hasan was banned for a year, and the team decided to release him from his contract
- SRH team 2020 player's list has the following new additions- Abdul Samad, Fabian Allen, Mitchell Marsh, Priyam Garg, Sandeep Bavanaka, Sanjay Yadav, Virat Singh.
Administration and Support Staff
Head Coach: Trevor Bayliss
Assistant Coach: Brad Haddin
Batting Mentor: V.V.S. Laxman
Bowling Mentor: Muttiah Muralitharan
Performance Analyst: Srinivas Chandrasekaran
Physical Trainer: Mario Villavarayan
Physiotherapist: Theo Kapakoulakis
In January this year, Sunrisers Hyderabad signed JK Lakshmi Cement as their title sponsor. JK Lakshmi Cement was Rajasthan Royals' title sponsor in 2019 but switched to SRH after striking a brilliant deal with the franchise. Post the deal, K Shanmugham, CEO, Sunrisers Hyderabad said, “With a legacy of over 135 years, the JK brand enjoys the trust of its customers and all stakeholders, and its philosophy resonates with ours. This is an important season for us and we’re looking forward to having their valuable support for what promises to be an exhilarating, and hopefully in our case, a triumphant journey ahead.”
All-time Team Stats
Most Runs: David Warner: 3271
Most Centuries: David Warner: 4
Most Fifties: David Warner: 36
Fastest Fifty: David Warner: 20 balls
Fastest Century: David Warner: 43 balls
Best Batting Average: Johnny Bairstow: 55.62
Best Strike Rate: Johnny Bairstow: 157.24
Most Sixes: David Warner: 123
Most Fours: David Warner: 458
Highest Individual Score: David Warner: 126
Highest Batting Partnerships by Wicket: Johnny Bairstow, David Warner, 185
Most Wickets: Bhuvaneshwar Kumar: 109
Best Economy: Rashid Khan: 6.55
Best Bowling Figures: Bhuvaneshwar Kumar: 5
Best Bowling Average: Rashid Khan: 21.69
Most Maidens: Sandeep Sharma: 8
Most Runs Conceded: Basil Thampi: 70
Most 4 Wickets: Bhuvaneshwar Kumar: 3
Most Dot Balls: Bhuvaneshwar Kumar: 1,124
|Year||Rank||Captain||Top Batsman||Runs||Top Bowler||Wickets||Win %|
|2019||4th||Kane Williamson||David Warner||692||Khaleel Ahmed||19||40|
|2018||2th||Kane Williamson||Kane Williamson||735||Rashid Khan||21||64.28|
|2017||3th||David Warner||David Warner||641||Bhuvneshwar Kumar||23||53.3|
|2016||1st||David Warner||David Warner||848||Bhuvneshwar Kumar||23||64.7|
|2015||6th||David Warner||David Warner||562||Bhuvneshwar Kumar||18||50|
|2014||6th||Shikhar Dhawan||David Warner||528||Bhuvneshwar Kumar||20||42.86|
|2013||4th||Kumar Sangakkara||Shikhar Dhawan||311||Amit Mishra||21||58.82|
Sunrisers Hyderabad fans identify themselves as the 'Orange Army' and they are quite worthy of the name. The orange army makes it sure to rally behind their team through thick and thin. The entire stadium gets covered in orange, everytime SRH plays at their homeground. The SRH squad considers their fans an essential part of their team.
The official Instagram handle of SRH has over 1.3 million followers. On YouTube the official Sunrisers Hyderabad account has over 217K subscribers. Sunrisers Hyderabad's Facebook page is also very active with regular updates and uploads with 5.9 million followers.
Also see: SRH 2020 Schedule
Sunrisers Hyderabad Squad: Players to Watchout
#1. David Warner
Since his return to cricket last year, David Warner has been simply sublime. He scored 692 runs last year which included one century and eight half centuries. He has been at top form in international cricket as well lately.
#2. Rashid Khan
Afghanistan's ace spinner, Rashid Khan is a T20 specialist. Though his claim to fame was his exceptional fast paced leg spin bowling, he has proven himself to be a valuable batsman in history.
#3. Bhubaneshwar Kumar
Bhuvaneshwar Kumar leads SRH's bowling attack and has been the leading wicket taker for his team. He took the most number of wickets in 2015, 2016 and 2017 season for SRH winning the purple cap twice.
#4. Johnny Bairstow
Johnny Bairstow is one of the most dynamic and bombastic batsmen in world cricket at the moment. The English wicket-keeper batsman is reputed for his skills behind the stumps as well as striking the ball clean and out of the park. His partnerships with David Warner last year were the highlights of SRH's campaign.
#5. Kane Williamson
The Kiwi skipper is an important pillar of the team. He had proven the worth of his salt when he was the captain and this time seems to be taking on a more challenging role leaving behind leadership duties. This might lead to inhibition free rendition of the Kiwi star batsman.
FAQs on Sunrisers Hyderabad
1. Which players did SRH retain before the 2020 auctions?
A. SRH retained the following players before the 2020 auction : David Warner, Kane Williamson, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Manish Pandey, Sreevats Goswami (wk), Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Vijay Shankar, Mohammad Nabi, Abhishek Sharma, Rashid Khan, Shahbaz Nadeem, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Siddarth Kaul, Khaleel Ahmed, Sandeep Sharma, Basil Thampi, T. Natarajan, Billy Stanlake
2. Who were the players released by SRH before the 2020 auctions?
A. SRH released the following players before the 2020 auction : Yusuf Pathan, Martin Guptill, Deepak Hooda, Ricky Bhui and Shakib Al Hasan.
3. Who were the players bought by SRH in the 2020 auctions?
A. SRH bought the following players in the 2020 auction : Abdul Samad, Fabian Allen, Mitchell Marsh, Priyam Garg, Sandeep Bavanaka, Sanjay Yadav, Virat Singh.