Captain - David Warner
Vice Captain - Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
Ambassador(S) - V.V.S Laxman
Jersey - Orange and Black
Theme Song - Sunrisers Anthem
Major Rival(s) - Royal Challengers Bangalore, Chennai Super Kings, Mumbai Indians.
Logo - Orange Eagle with Sunrisers Hyderabad written below.
Table of Contents
- SRH History
- Administration and Support Staff
- Team Sponsors
- All-time Team Stats
- Batting Stats
- Bowling Stats
- Team Performance
- Fan Base
- Sunrisers Hyderabad Squad: Players to Watchout
- FAQs on Sunrisers Hyderabad
The Sunrisers Hyderabad a.k.a. SRH is a franchise cricket team based in Hyderabad, which participates in the Indian Premier League. Sunrisers Hyderabad was founded in 2012 and they replaced the Deccan Chargers in IPL. The team has Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, in Hyderabad for its home ground which has a capacity of 55,000.
Sunrisers Hyderabad team 2021 will be led by David Warner, who is their only captain to win a title in Orange. SRH has been once on the IPL winners list so far, when they defeated the prime contender of that season, RCB in the finals of IPL 2016. The Sunrisers Hyderabad franchise is owned by Kalanithi Maran of the Sun TV Network. The IPL team is currently coached by Trevor Bayliss.
- Sunrisers Debut in IPL 2013.
- Kumar Sangakkara appointed captain.
- Team performs well but finishes fourth place.
- Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan was appointed as captain of the SRH.
- SRH has a disappointing season as they finish 6th.
- David Warner was the highest run-scorer for SRH with 528 runs.
- David Warner replaces Shikhar Dhawan as captain.
- Another disappointing season with a sixth place finish for SRH.
- David Warner won the Orange Cap with 562 runs.
- SRH becomes the dark horse under David Warner.
- They steal the cup from under Royal Challenger Bangalore's noses who were actually dominating the season.
- SRH wins the IPL for the first time.
- Bhuvaneswar Kumar won the purple cap with 23 wickets.
- David Warner continues as captain.
- SRH have an illustrious title defence but fail.
- SRH finished third after several brilliant performances from David Warner and Bhuvaneshwar Kumar.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar retained the Purple Cap again bagging 23 wickets for the second consecutive time.
- David Warner won the Orange Cap after scoring 641 runs.
- Kane Williamson replaces David Warner as captain following the latter's ban after the infamous ball-tampering controversy.
- SRH battled their way to finals.
- They however lost to a returning Chennai Super Kings in the finale.
- Kane Williamson won the Orange Cap with 735 runs.
- David Warner returned after serving his one-year ban period but Kane Williamson continued as the captain.
- SRH reached the qualifiers but lost to Delhi Capitals in the Eliminator.
- David Warner won the orange cap with 692 runs.
- David Warner replaced Kane Williamson as captain.
- All-rounder Sakib Al Hasan was banned for a year, and the team decided to release him from his contract
- SRH finished 3rd on the points table after the league stage but lost to Delhi Capitals in the Qualifier 2.
- SRH team 2021 player's list has the following new additions - Jagadeesha Suchith, Kedar Jadhav and Mustafizur Rahman.
Administration and Support Staff
Head Coach: Trevor Bayliss
Assistant Coach: Brad Haddin
Batting Mentor: V.V.S. Laxman
Bowling Mentor: Muttiah Muralitharan
Performance Analyst: Srinivas Chandrasekaran
Physical Trainer: Mario Villavarayan
Physiotherapist: Theo Kapakoulakis
In January 2020, Sunrisers Hyderabad signed JK Lakshmi Cement as their title sponsor. JK Lakshmi Cement was Rajasthan Royals' title sponsor in 2019 but switched to SRH after striking a brilliant deal with the franchise. Post the deal, K Shanmugham, CEO, Sunrisers Hyderabad said, “With a legacy of over 135 years, the JK brand enjoys the trust of its customers and all stakeholders, and its philosophy resonates with ours. This is an important season for us and we’re looking forward to having their valuable support for what promises to be an exhilarating, and hopefully in our case, a triumphant journey ahead.” JK Lakshmi Cement will continue to remain with SRH in IPL 2021.
All-time Team Stats
Most Runs: David Warner: 3819
Most Centuries: David Warner: 2
Most Fifties: David Warner: 38
Fastest Fifty: David Warner: 20 balls
Fastest Century: David Warner: 43 balls
Best Batting Average: David Warner: 52.32
Best Strike Rate: Billy Stanlake: 250.00
Most Sixes: David Warner: 137
Most Fours: David Warner: 364
Highest Individual Score: David Warner: 126
Most Wickets: Bhuvaneshwar Kumar: 112
Best Economy: Anand Rajan: 5.25
Best Bowling Figures: Bhuvaneshwar Kumar: 4.0-19-5
Best Bowling Average: Cameron White: 16.00
Most Maidens: Bhuvneshwar Kumar: 6
Most Runs Conceded: Basil Thampi: 4.0-70-0
Most 4 Wickets: Bhuvaneshwar Kumar: 2
|Year||Rank||Captain||Top Batsman||Runs||Top Bowler||Wickets||Win %|
|2020||3rd||David Warner||David Warner||548||Rashid Khan||20||50.00|
|2019||4th||Kane Williamson||David Warner||692||Khaleel Ahmed||19||40|
|2018||2th||Kane Williamson||Kane Williamson||735||Rashid Khan||21||64.28|
|2017||3th||David Warner||David Warner||641||Bhuvneshwar Kumar||23||53.3|
|2016||1st||David Warner||David Warner||848||Bhuvneshwar Kumar||23||64.7|
|2015||6th||David Warner||David Warner||562||Bhuvneshwar Kumar||18||50|
|2014||6th||Shikhar Dhawan||David Warner||528||Bhuvneshwar Kumar||20||42.86|
|2013||4th||Kumar Sangakkara||Shikhar Dhawan||311||Amit Mishra||21||58.82|
Sunrisers Hyderabad fans identify themselves as the 'Orange Army' and they are quite worthy of the name. The orange army makes it sure to rally behind their team through thick and thin. The entire stadium gets covered in orange, everytime SRH plays at their homeground. The SRH squad considers their fans an essential part of their team.
The official Instagram handle of SRH has over 2.1 million followers while their Twitter account has 2.4 million followers. On YouTube the official Sunrisers Hyderabad account has over 522K subscribers. Sunrisers Hyderabad's Facebook page is also very active with regular updates and uploads with 6 million followers.
Also see: SRH 2021 Schedule
Sunrisers Hyderabad Squad: Players to Watchout
#1. David Warner
Since his return to top level cricket in 2019, David Warner has been simply sublime. He scored 548 runs last year including four half centuries throughout the season. The groin injury that he suffered in the ODI series against India towards the end of 2020 has not been fully dealt with and might come back to haunt him in the Indian summer.
#2. Rashid Khan
Afghanistan’s ace cricketer, Rashid Khan, has been a vital cog in the wheel for SRH with the ball just like skipper Warner is with the bat. SRH’s prime forte has been their bowling for quite a few years now and Rashid has been the leader of the pack with the ball. Not to forget his occasional lower middle order contributions, he is one of the most important players for the Hyderabad-based franchise.
#3. Bhuvneshwar Kumar
Bhuvneshwar Kumar could not play the entire IPL 2020 season due to his hamstring issue but has now returned to full fitness just before the 14th edition of the IPL begins. He’s back in form in India colours as the lead bowler and will like to continue the same in Orange.
#4. Jonny Bairstow
Jonny Bairstow is one of the most dynamic and bombastic batsmen in world cricket at the moment. The English wicket-keeper batsman is reputed for his skills behind the stumps as well as striking the ball clean and out of the park. His partnerships with David Warner for the past two years were the highlights of SRH's campaign.
#5. Kane Williamson
The Kiwi skipper, Kane Williamson, is an important pillar of the team. He had proven the worth of his salt when he was the captain and this time seems to be taking on a more challenging role as the supporting batsman to Warner and Bairstow. This might lead to inhibition free rendition of the New Zealand star batsman.
FAQs on Sunrisers Hyderabad
Q1. Which players did SRH retain before the 2021 auctions?
A. SRH retained the following players before the 2021 auction: David Warner, Kane Williamson, Virat Singh, Manish Pandey, Priyam Garg, Wriddhiman Saha, Jonny Bairstow, Sreevats Goswami, Vijay Shankar, Mitchell Marsh, Mohammad Nabi, Jason Holder, Abhishek Sharma, Abdul Samad, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Rashid Khan, T Natarajan, Sandeep Sharma, Khaleel Ahmed, Siddharth Kaul, Basil Thampi and Shahbaz Nadeem.
Q2. Who were the players released by SRH before the 2021 auctions?
A. SRH released the following players before the 2021 auction: Sanjay Yadav, B Sandeep, Billy Stanlake, Fabian Allen and Yarra Prithviraj
Q3. Who were the players bought by SRH in the 2021 auctions?
A. SRH bought the following players in the 2021 auction: Jagadeesha Suchith, Kedar Jadhav and Mustafizur Rahman.