The much-awaited Minecraft 1.17 Caves and Cliffs is now officially released in all regions for both the Bedrock and Java editions. This is phase one of the update, which features many blocks, items, and new mobs.
After a spectacular nether update, Mojang is back with a fantastic update this year. Even though their plans were interrupted by the global pandemic, the developers still successfully delivered the first part of the Caves & Cliffs update.
Sadly, fans won't be able to experience the new cave and mountain biomes in their worlds. The new world generation is planned for the second part of the Caves & Cliffs update, coming at the end of this year.
As of now, players can enjoy the new features of Caves & Cliffs Part 1.
All details about the Minecraft 1.17 Caves & Cliffs update Part 1
Download 1.17 Caves & Cliffs update
This version is available for free to all players who already have a copy of Minecraft. Here are the steps to download Caves & Cliffs Part 1:
For Windows Bedrock Edition
- Go to Microsoft store.
- Search for Minecraft or get it directly from here.
- If the player has Minecraft already download, an update button will be available.
- Click on the update button to download the latest 1.17 update.
For Java Edition
- Open Minecraft Launcher, but make sure it is updated to the latest version.
- Go to the "Installations" tab near the Play tab.
- Make a fresh new installation of the latest release, 1.17.0.
- Select the newest release and click the "Play" button to play Minecraft 1.17.
- Go to App Store or Play Store
- Search for Minecraft. For a redirect link, iOS users click here, and Android users click here.
- Update Minecraft to the latest 1.17 version and enjoy the Caves & Cliffs update Part 1.
Console players can update their Minecraft to 1.17 from game libraries or stores.
Minecraft Caves & Cliffs update Part 1 introduces over 100 new blocks and items. Other than these, players can also find three new mobs in Minecraft:
- Glow squids
Mojang added glow squids as the winner of the Mob Vote 2020. Players can see these mobs glowing in dark waterlogged caves and pools found underground.
The 1.17 update also added "the cutest predator," Axolotls, to Minecraft. Unlike wolves, players can take axolotls to underwater battles.
Goats are the natural inhabitants of mountain biomes. These mischievous mobs love to ram their heads against different mobs or players. While exploring mountain biomes, they must remember that goats are planning to attack them.
In Minecraft 1.17, Mojang added amethyst geodes to the overworld. These rare structures come in three layers and generate underground. From amethyst geodes, players can obtain amethyst shards, blocks, calcite, and more.
Sportskeeda now has a dedicated Minecraft YouTube channel. Check here!