Transfer news and rumours of the day: 30 December 2015
Courtois open to Real Madrid transfer?January brings with it a lot of mid-season crisis as well as solutions. The transfer mill is expected to be the same this time around with many seeking reinforcements and many seeking a new beginning. There has been a buzz around many players and clubs, with players seeking moves away from their respective clubs for various reasons from playing time to better contracts. Nonetheless, the January window is poised to give us some interesting news.Here are the transfer news and rumours for the day.
#1 Serie A
- According to Football Italia, Simone Zaza could leave Juventus in search of playing time to stay in shape for Euro 2016. The striker has also been linked to Premier League clubs Tottenham Hotspur and Southampton.
“It's a hard question and it's obvious that I can't be the one to answer that. So far he did well so we'll see how things go. But I can't answer that, I don't know what could happen,” said the player’s agent when asked about the possibilty of a switch.
- Roma are considering a bid for Sunderland winger Jeremain Lens according to Sky Italia. The Dutch winger is touted to replace Juan Iturbe, who is on his way to AFC Bournemouth.
- Milan are considering selling Luiz Adriano to balance their books, reports Football Italia. CSKA Moscow are likely to be interested with Seydou Doumbia likely to leave.
#2 La Liga
- According to Spanish daily Marca, Real Madrid are ready to offer €45m on Roma’s table to snare Miralem Pjanic away from the Serie A giants. Representatives of the club have met the player’s father, who is also his agent, and contacts between both parties have picked up pace over the last few days according to reports.
- Chelsea shot-stopper Thibaut Courtois is open to a move to the Spanish capital with Real Madrid according to Spanish magazine Ok Diario. It has been suggested that Courtois is not enjoying Chelsea’s fall from grace this season and has told his representatives he would be open to joining Real Madrid next summer.
- Ajax midfielder Riechedly Bazoer has admitted that La Liga giants FC Barcelona are interested in him, according to Voetbal International.
“I’m not going to be mysterious about that,” Bazoer said. “Two months ago they told my brother, who’s my agent, about the interest. Marc Overmars also knows about the interest. They’re watching my games and keeping an eye on me. I’ve to go carry on this year, then we shall see what kind of beautiful things will come.”
#3 English Premier League
- According to Fichajes.net, Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini is reportedly eager to work with Real Madrid midifielder Isco again, after having struck a fine relationship during their time together at former club Malaga. Manchester City chief executive Ferran Soriano has been in Spain to hold talks over the potential transfer.
- West Ham United are eyeing a loan move for Benfica forward Anderson Talisca, according to Talk Sport.com. The 23-year-old has struggled for form this season but could be open to a move to England in January.
- Everton forward Steven Naismith poised to join Norwich City for a deal worth around £8m, BBC Sport reports.
"We all know one Premier League club showed interest in Steven in the previous window. It is an open secret," said Toffees boss Roberto Martinez. “In terms of making a decision about the next step and his future, it's going to be over the next couple of weeks."
#4 Rest of Europe
- Chelsea are reportedly considering making a move to bring Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri to West London, according to Metro.co.uk. The blues are in search of a successor to recently sacked Jose Mourinho who could take over from interim manager Guus Hiddink.
- Benfica have completed the signing of Alejandro Grimaldo from FC Barcelona for a fee of €1.5 million, the club confirmed. Barca’s statement announcing the move does say that the Catalans will get a share of the transfer fee should Benfica sell Grimaldo in future.
- According to The Mirror, CSKA Moscow playmaker Alan Dzagoev has attracted interest from Newcastle United and a £10million swoop is on the cards.