2012 Slammy Awards
A step-by-step detail of what happened at the Slammy Award Presentation:
• Just then Boogeyman appeared on the stage in a strange manner as he shocked the audience by interrupting the first presentation.
• Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston received the award for “Tell Me I Did NOT Just See That” Moment of The Year for his miraculous save. Kingston said he always wanted to win the Slammy award. Ryan Maddox, who was expected to win the award was stunned as he didn’t get it for his low blow to Ryback.
• It was decided that the New Age Outlaws will present the award for the Comeback of the year. The D-Generation X members announced the nominees and the winner was WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler!
• Managing Supervisor of Raw Vickie Guerrero presented the Kiss of the Year Award to AJ Lee. AJ Lee was nominated for all her kisses in 2012, but won the award for her lip lock with John Cena. The previous night, John Cena lost his ladder match against Dolph Ziggler because of the Diva.
• To everyone’s surprise, AJ Lee said, “That might have been the kiss of the year, but nothing when compare to this,” and gave a huge lip smooch to Ziggler.
• WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair made a surprise appearance and the 16-time World Champion presented the Slammy Award for Superstar of the Year. And for the third time, John Cena was awarded the Superstar of the Year award.
John Cena said: “Superstar of the Year embodies Hustle, Loyalty and Respect. The person who finally holds it needs to work harder than anyone else. I would also like the recognize the loyalty of the WWE Universe. That is why, out of respect, the Superstar of this year most certainly should be the greatest Superstar of all time, the two-time Hall of Famer, ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair.”
• John Cena also gave the award to Ric Flair out of courtesy and said that it belonged to the greatest Superstar.
• CM Punk emerged to the stage in anger with him not being selected as the winner.
“The fact that anybody even voted for John Cena to be Superstar of the Year is absolutely atrocious,” Punk yelled. “This is quite possibly the worst year of John Cena’s life!” He also turned to Ric flair and added, “He’s a loser like everyone in Philadelphia. He’s a loser like you.”
• Santino Marella and Tensai were on stage to present the LOL Moment of the Year Slammy Award and Tensai was seen showing his battle scars that occured against Kingston.
• The LOL Moment of the Year award went to The Rock, who was absent.
• Daniel Bryan, the WWE Tag Team champion took offense on the stage and said, “No! No! No! This should be MY Slammy!”
• Zack Ryder and Layla presented the #Trending Now Slammy Award to Ryback for #FeedMeMore
• Sheamus presented the Newcomer of the Year Slammy Award to Ryback, who won his second award of the night.
• WWE Hall of Famers “Mean” Gene Okerlund, Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat and Jim Ross presented the Slammy Award for Match of the Year to The Undertaker vs. Triple H at WrestleMania XXVIII.
• WWE COO Triple H was seen on stage saying, “That night was a magical night that I will never forget. It truly was an honour to be part of it. You’ve not seen the last of The Undertaker.”