Dream11 has become one of the most popular fantasy sports platforms in the country. Many sports lovers have used this platform to test their knowledge with others. In Dream11, an individual needs to form a team of players he feels will do the best in a particular game.
Talking about cricket contests in Dream11, an individual needs to select 11 players from the two teams, with the XI having the required number of wicket keepers, batsmen, bowlers, and all-rounders. Then, he can enter any contest with his team and compete with others. The team which finishes with more points is the winner.
Table of Contents:
- How are Dream11 points calculated?
- Batting points
- Bowling points
- Fielding points
- Other points
- Economy rate points
- Strike rate points
- What happens if points are equal in Dream11?
- How do I convert my Dream11 points to cash?
- What is the highest points in Dream11?
- Dream11 rules for rain
- Dream11 rules for an abandoned match
- Dream11 rules for super over
- Dream11 rules for D/L method
Here’s how the points are calculated in Dream11 T20 cricket contests.
How are Dream11 points calculated?
Dream11 points are calculated on the basis of the performance of the player in the real T20 match. Here is a breakdown of the calculation.
- 1 point per run
- 1 point per boundary bonus
- 2 points per six scored
- 4 points for scoring 30 runs
- 8 points for a half-century
- 16 points for a century
- -2 points if dismissed for a duck (Only for batsmen, wicket-keepers, and all-rounders)
- 25 points per wicket, excluding run-outs
- 8 bonus points for taking the wicket by LBW or Bowled
- 4 bonus points for taking three wickets in a single match
- 8 bonus points for taking four wickets in a single match
- 16 bonus points for taking five wickets in a single match
- 12 points per maiden over
- 8 points per catch
- 4 bonus points for taking three catches in one match
- 12 points per stump/direct run-out
- 6 points per throw leading to a run-out
- 6 points per catch leading to a run-out
- Captain of the Dream11 team - 2x the points scored in the match
- Vice-captain of the Dream11 team - 1.5x the points scored in the match
- 4 points each for every player announced in the playing XI
Economy rate points
- 6 points if his economy rate is below 5 runs per over
- 4 points if his economy rate is between 5 - 5.99 runs per over
- 2 points if his economy rate is between 6 - 7 runs per over
- -2 points if his economy rate is between 10 - 11 runs per over
- -4 points if his economy rate is between 11.01 - 12 runs per over
- -6 points if his economy rate is above 12 runs per over
The economy rate comes into consideration for Dream11 points only after a bowler has bowled at least two overs.
Strike rate points
- -2 points if his Strike Rate is between 60 - 70
- -4 points if his Strike Rate is between 50 - 50.99
- -6 points if his Strike Rate is below 50
- +2 points if his Strike Rate is between 130-150
- +4 points if his Strike Rate is between 150.01-170
- +6 points if his Strike Rate is more than 170
Strike rate points are not calculated for the player who is in the lineup as a specialist bowler.
What happens if points are equal in Dream11?
If the points are equal, then the prize for their ranks will be split equally. Suppose if the first prize is 1,000 rupees and the second prize is 500, then the players who score equal points and top the contest will get 750 rupees each.
How do I convert my Dream11 points to cash?
The Dream11 points cannot be converted into cash. However, the amount you win by those points can be withdrawn to your bank account.
What is the highest points in Dream11?
There is no higher limit in the number of points a player’s Dream11 team can score. The players can score as many points as their players can earn from their match.
Dream11 rules for rain
There are no changes in the points scoring system in case there is a delay in the start time due to rainfall.
Dream11 rules for an abandoned match
The contest becomes invalid if a match is abandoned due to any reason. Hence, the participants of that contest get their full amounts refunded.
Dream11 rules for super over
Super Overs have become quite frequent in T20 cricket. However, Dream11 does not consider the Super Over for calculating points.
Dream11 rules for D/L method
The D/L method does not affect the points system in Dream11. The points are calculated in the same way for T20 matches.