Jim Neidhart a.k.a. Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart is an ex-professional wrestler who used to feature for the WWF and WWE. Jim was born on February 8, 1955 in Tampa, Florida, USA. He died on August 13, 2018 (aged 63), in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Jim is best known for his tag-team championship reign along with Bret Hart as the Hart Foundation. Jim received his education at Newport Harbor High School where he rose to fame following his success in strength oriented track and field events, especially shot put. He even played in the national football league where he represented the Oakland Riders and the Dallas Cowboys in practice and pre-season games.
- Jim Neidhart Professional Career
- Jim Neidhart Death
- Championships and Accomplishments
Jim Neidhart Professional Career
Following his successful football career he travelled to Calgary and trained with Stu Hart to pursue a career in professional wrestling. Jim married Ellie Hart, one of Stu's daughters, thus becoming the brother-in-law of fellow wrestlers Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Ross Hart and Keith Hart, and later the uncle of wrestlers Teddy Hart and Harry Smith. He won the Anvil tossing competition at the Calgary Stampede throwing it for 11 ft and 2 in and thus came to be known as Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart. Then after performing for New Japan Pro Wrestling, Georgia Championship Wrestling, Continental Wrestling Association, Jim Neidhart finally joined WWF in January 1985.
Neidhart debuted on January 21, 1985, in Madison Square Garden where he defeated Tony Garea. He even pinned Bret Hart following his debut. But then the two brothers-in-law joined forces and formed The Hart Foundation and wrestled as a tag team. After seven years at WWF, Jim finally left for New Japan Pro Wrestling in 1992. After NJPW he moved to World Championship Wrestling. He returned to WWF briefly in 1994, 1996 and 1997. Following which he had another run at the World Championship Wrestling from 1997-1998.
On Raw XV Jim participated in the 15th Anniversary Battle Royal on December 10, 2007. He even managed to reach the final five only to be eliminated by Skinner. Neidhart then appeared in TNA on the November 12, 2009, where he won against Jay Lethal.
Jim Neidhart Death
According to Elizabeth (Ellie) Neidhart Jim was having trouble sleeping and got out of bed to adjust the thermostat. To quote Ellie- Neidhart went to touch it, he turned "weirdly" as if he was "about to dance", then fell into the wall and ground. She called 911 for help, believing he was having a seizure which he was already under medication for. Neidhart had a four-inch gash on his face when EMTs arrived. He died at the 63.
Championships and Accomplishments
Championship Wrestling from Florida
- NWA Southern Heavyweight Championship (Florida version) (1 time)
- NWA United States Tag Team Championship (Florida version) (1 time) – with Krusher Khruschev
Legends Pro Wrestling
- Inducted into the LPW Hall of Fame (5/28/11)
Memphis Championship Wrestling
- MCW Southern Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with The Blue Meanie
Mid-Eastern Wrestling Federation
- MEWF Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Mid-South Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Butch Reed
- New England Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame Class of 2014
Professional Wrestling Federation
- PWF Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI ranked him # 61 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1994
- PWI ranked him # 189 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the PWI Years in 2003
- PWI ranked him # 37 of the 100 best tag teams of the PWI Years with Bret Hart in 2003.
Pro Wrestling Ohio
- PWO Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Greg Valentine
- Stampede International Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Hercules Ayala (1) and Mr. Hito (1)
- Stampede Wrestling Hall of Fame
Universal Wrestling Alliance
- UWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
World Wrestling Federation
- WWF Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Bret Hart
- WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2019)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- Feud of the Year (1997) with Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith, and Brian Pillman vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
- The Anvil Jim Neidhart
- Jim The Anvil Neidhart
- Metal Jacket
- Camel clutch
- Discus clothesline
- Forearm club
- Leaping shoulder block
- Slingshot splash
- With Bret Hart : Hart Attack
- With Owen Hart : Rocket Launcher
Jim Neidhart Finishing Moves
- Anvil Flattener (Front powerslam)
- Anvilizer (Cobra clutch)
People also ask
What did Jim Neidhart die of?
Traumatic brain injury
Are Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart related?
Bret Hart has won the most wrestling championships of anyone in the family. He won his first title belt in the World Wrestling Federation while teaming with brother-in-law Jim Neidhart (Ellie Hart's husband) to form The Hart Foundation tag team.
Who is Jim Neidhart daughter?