Shelton Benjamin started his wrestling career well before he made his debut in the WWE.
During this time, he wrestled as an Amateur and had a 122-10 record. While training in OVW
with then tag team partner Brock Lesnar, Shelton Benjamin was an assistant wrestling coach
for his Alma Mater.
- Development, Brock Lesnar and Tag Team Wrestling
- Intercontinental Champion
- United States Champion
- Return to WWE
Development, Brock Lesnar and Tag Team Wrestling
Shelton Benjamin was Brock Lesnar’s tag team partner in Ohio Valley Wrestling, and the two
of them together had quite a few tag title reigns.
Lesnar would be called up to the main roster before him, and when Shelton Benjamin finally
came to the main roster in 2002, he did so teaming with Charlie Haas and Kurt Angle as
Team Angle. The team of Haas and Benjamin was known as the World’s Greatest Tag
In 2004 he got a big push as a singles wrestler. He would regularly wrestle with Evolution
members, and became a thorn in their side. He was booked as the young up and comer,
and would regularly put on show-stealing performances.
Benjamin went through a losing streak which saw his ‘mother’ appear at his ringside.
Managed by his mother, Benjamin would regularly cheat to win. During this time he also
became the Intercontinental Champion.
Shelton Benjamin had a big feud with Rob Van Dam during this time which saw the
Intercontinental Title change hands a number of times.
Benjamin then went to ECW and regularly wrestled the wrestlers there, maintaining his heel
United States Champion
After coming to SmackDown Shelton Benjamin performed for the United States
Championship and won it after defeating Matt Hardy. He would soon leave WWE two years
later, after losing the Championship and slowly fading to the background.
Return to WWE
After 7 years of wrestling in the Independent Scene and New Japan and ROH, Shelton
Benjamin returned to WWE after the Brand Split. He was supposed to return earlier but an
injury prevented Benjamin from returning. Since returning he teamed up with Chad Gable as a heel tag team. After Gable went to Raw, Shelton Benjamin has wrestled as a solo heel, but rarely appears on WWE television.
- Shelton Benjamin
- Shelton X Benjamin
248 lb (112 kg)
Place of Birth:
Orangeburg, South Carolina, U.S.
- 450° splash
- Dragon whip / Money Clip / Shell Shocka
- Paydirt (Leaping reverse STO)
- T-Bone Suplex
- Armtrap backbreaker
- Diving clothesline
- Hammerlock front powerslam
- Multiple suplex variations
- Samoan drop
- Stinger splash
- Turnbuckle powerbomb
- Ohio Valley Wrestling
- Nightmare Danny Davis
- Doug Basham
- Dean Malenko
- Charlie Haas
- Kurt Angle
- Momma Benjamin
- African – American Wrestler of the Year (2005)
- OVW Southern Tag Team Championship (4 times) – with Brock Lesnar (3), Redd Dog (1)
- MWF Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- PWI Tag Team of the Year (2003) with Charlie Haas
- PWI ranked him #9 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2005
- ROH World Tag Team Championship (2times) – with Charlie Haas
- WWC Universal Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- WWE Intercontinental Championship (3 times)
- WWE Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Charlie Haas
- WWE United States Championship (1 time)
People Also Ask
How much is Shelton Benjamin worth?
Benjamin's net worth in 2015 was estimated $2.3 million. However, as of 2019, his net worth is under review.
Where is Shelton Benjamin from?
What is Shelton Benjamin's real name?
Shelton X Benjamin
Where did Shelton Benjamin go to college?
University of Minnesota