Oscar’s situation at Chelsea is being closely monitored by Football clubs around the world are keeping a close tab on their respective transfer targets as we fast-approach the opening of January transfer window. The clubs are steadily getting aware of the players who could add more quality to the existing squad. With the gradual progression of the 2015/16 campaign, the rumours are also coming thick and fast. Here are the rumours making the rounds in the transfer mill on Wednesday.
#1 La Liga
- Barcelona are preparing a summer move for AS Roma full-back Alessandro Florenzi, according to AS. Rumours coming from Spain suggest that Barcelona’ Sporting Director Ariedo Braida believes that the Italian would be the natural heir to Dani Alves at the Camp Nou.
The Spanish Champions were impressed by Florenzi’ s display against them in the Champions League match at Olympic Stadium especially after he scored a stunner from 56 metres. Even though Barcelona have still not made any official offer for the 24-year-old, their interest in Florenzi’s services is reportedly very strong.
- Luis Enrique will be looking to bolster his attack in the form of Paris Saint-Germain forward Ezequiel Lavezzi, whose contract with the Ligue 1 champions expires at the end of the season. A deal has been struck between the two parties and the Argentinian has reportedly agreed to move to Spain when his contract expires, as per the reports on Sport.
- According to ESPN, Spanish giants Real Madrid are prepared to sell either Cristiano Ronaldo or Gareth Bale at the end of the season. It is said that Bale is struggling to settle in at Madrid while Ronaldo’s working relationship with coach Rafa Benitez has broken down and the player is now hinting at a move away from the Spanish capital.
It has also been suggested that the club president Florentino Perez is getting irritated with Ronaldo’s talks of returning to England and is now considering selling the club icon.
- Reports on TalkSport have suggested that Valencia have joined the race with Arsenal and Chelsea for Marseille’s Michy Batshuayi. The 22-year-old was has been in remarkable goalscoring form for struggling Marseille, who are sitting 16th in Ligue 1 this season.
Batshuayi has scored 8 goals in 13 appearances and his recent form has grabbed the attention of Europe’s elite clubs.
#2 Serie A
- Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain has played down rumours of exiting the Italian side in the upcoming transfer window. Higuain’s agent, who is also his brother, told TuttoNapoli that ‘they are happy with Naples and has no intention of leaving the club anytime soon’.
This could serve as a huge blow for English Champions Chelsea, who were interested in landing the Argentina international at Stamford Bridge next summer. Reports suggest that the Blues are looking to offload both Radamel Falcao and Diego Costa at the end of the season. Higuain had been identified as one of the prime transfer targets as the January transfer window drew near.
- Reigning Serie A champions Juventus are keen on acquiring the services of Southampton’s Graziano Pelle and Chelsea midfielder Oscar, according to Daily Mail. Pelle has been a success ever since he made a move from Feyenoord to the St.Mary’s Stadium. The Italian striker still has 18 months left on his contract and has hinted at a return to Italy.
Juve are understood to be in London to discuss a permanent deal with Chelsea for Juan Cuadrado, who has been on loan, and will use the opportunity to discuss Oscar's situation too. However, the move for both Pelle and the Brazil international seems unlikely as the club will struggle to meet the financial demands for both deals.
- Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s contract with the French champions is expiring at the end of the current campaign and Italian sports daily Corriere dello Sport believe the Swedish icon's former club AC Milan have 'stepped forward again with a good chance of success'.
In the month of June, the Parisian’s all-time leading goalscorer will be free to choose his next club, and the Rossoneri are in position to bring him back to the San Siro. Ibrahimovic is free to sign a pre-contract in January itself.
#3 Premier League
- Tottenham are the latest Premier League club to join the race in signing Alexandro Pato, as per the reports on TalkSport. Spurs are the frontrunners to land the Corinthians forward, who is currently on loan at Sao Paolo. A fee of £8 million is being discussed between the two parties. Liverpool have also expressed their interest in signing the Brazillian.
- Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho will be looking to reunite with Galatasaray’s Wesley Sneijder in January, according to the reports on Fanatik. Mourinho and Sneijder won the Champions League with Inter Milan in a dramatic final against Bayern Munich in 2010.
The Dutch midfielder has loads of experience under his belt and Mourinho will be looking to relieve his midfield woes as several of his players including Cesc Fabregas, Nemanja Matic and Eden Hazard have all been below par this season.
- As the Chelsea look to offload Falcao and Costa at the end of the season, it has been suggested by Telegraph that Mourinho is considering a £20 million move for West Bromwich Albion’s Saido Berahino in January.
Berahino has only 18 months left on his contract and he will also boost Chelsea’s home-grown player quota. The England international has proven he can score goals in the Premier League, registering 14 last season and 20 in all competitions.
- Manchester United are on high alert on Neymar’s situation at Barcelona and reports have emitted this morning in Spain that the player could be forced to move out of the club due to the tax evasion probe. According to TalkSport, Neymar’s father is growing frustrated with the on-going investigations and has hinted at his son’s exit from the Camp Nou.
Reports during summer suggested that the Red Devils were keen on landing the Brazillian star at Old Trafford and the 20-time English Champions will be ready to pounce if Neymar decides to leave Spain.
#4 Rest of Europe
- Sky Sports understands that Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu is being closely watched by two Premier League clubs – Newcastle United and Aston Villa. The 28-year-old has lost his place in the starting lineup at the Parc des Princes and speculation has been mounting regarding his future.
Few days ago, his national team coach had suggested a move away from the club and AC Milan have also been linked with a move for the Italian goalkeeper.
- Turkish giants Fenerbahce and Galatasaray are set to go head-to-head in sealing the signature of Arsenal forward Joel Campbell, as per the reports on TalkSport. The Costa Rica international is out of contract with the Gunners at the end of the season and his future remains unclear.
Campbell has been offered very limited chances at the Emirates Stadium and has been sent on several loan spells in the past few seasons. The 23-year-old scored his first goal for the North London club in the 3-0 win at Swansea earlier this season.
- Fernebahce have played down the rumours of selling Robin van Persie in summer and have insisted they want to keep hold of the striker, according to TalkSport. The Dutchman joined the Turkish club from Manchester United and he has struggled to find form in Istanbul.
Van Persie has been linked with a move back to Holland in recent weeks, but the club spokesman has played down the rumour and has stated that they have no intention of selling the former Arsenal striker.