January brings with it a lot of mid-season crisis as well as solutions. The transfer mill is expected to be the same this time around with many seeking reinforcements and many seeking a new start. There has been a buzz around many players and clubs, with players seeking moves away from their respective clubs for various reasons from playing time to better contracts.Nonetheless, the January window is poised to give us some interesting news. Here are the transfer news and rumours for the day:
#1 Serie A
- Italian newspaper Corriere Dello Sport claims that under-fire Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas is on his way out of the club. Serie A giants Juventus and Inter are apparently interested in signing the Spain international for a reported fee of £18m.
- Napoli and Sampdoria are reportedly interested in bringing Ciro Immobile back to Italy according to Gianluca Di Marzio. The striker is currently on loan at Sevilla, but has only featured in seven league games so far this season.
- Palermo officially reached a deal for Manuel Artaega from Zulia FC after he passed his medicals today.
“US Citta di Palermo and Zulia Football Club reached a deal for the definitive transfer of footballer Manuel Arteaga,” reads the statement on the club’s official website.
- Genoa have reportedly made an offer for Roma full-back Vasilis Torosidis. The negotiation may be further complicated by the fact that the club from the capital have already shown interest in Genoa striker Diego Perotti. A deal for Torosidis could therefore end up involving Perotti as well.
#2 La Liga
- According to the Daily Star, Real Madrid are willing to offer £40million to secure the services of Manchester United shot-stopper David De Gea. The deal had failed to materialize earlier in the summer, but Real Madrid are now expected to be favourites to land the Spanish goalkeeper.
- Atletico Madrid are ready to offer out of favour striker Jackson Martinez to Chelsea in a bid to bring back Diego Costa to the Spanish capital. Both strikers have failed to find form in front of goal for their respective clubs this season.
“I can’t say it’s a lie, this is football and nobody knows what the future holds, what I can say is that Jackson isn’t a player who leaves a club unless it’s through the front door,” Martinez’s agent said when asked about the speculation.
- FC Barcelona are reportedly interested in signing Italy international Antonio Candreva from Lazio. According to Cittaceleste, Barcelona have made contact with Lazio to find out the player's price and a fee rumoured to be around €35m was put forward.
- Jose Mourinho has reportedly been given a chance to return to Real Madrid according to Mirror. Florentino Perez is reportedly unhappy with Rafa Benitez and wants to replace him soon before Mourinho is possibly offered the job at Manchester United. The Portuguese manager is also understood to be looking to get back into management as soon as possible.
#3 English Premier League
- Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino has confirmed that striker Harry Kane is not up for sale amidst rumours of Manchester United interest in the 22-year-old. “There is no price. No one can buy him,” the Argentine said. “He is not for sale. There is not a value because it is impossible to put a price.”
- Arsenal are reportedly willing to offer Joel Campbell in a bid to sign Celta Vigo ace Nolito. The 29-year-old has scored an impressive eight goals and has five assists to his name. It is understood that Celta rate their prized asset at around £15m.
- According to Turkish outlet Kralspor, Liverpool are planning a £15m January swoop for Galatasaray goalkeeper Fernando Muslera according to Daily Star. The Reds are also linked with Diego Lopez after Milan made it clear that the player will be sold.
#4 Rest of Europe
- According to Mirror, Paris Saint-Germain have joined the race to land Pep Guardiola in the summer along with Chelsea and Manchester City. Even though PSG are sitting 19 points clear at the top of Ligue 1 under Laurent Blanc, they are still interested in hiring Guardiola as a huge upgrade on their current boss.
- Former Bayern Munich youth product, Roberto Soriano could make a return to the Bundesliga with Borussia Dortmund showing interest in the Sampdoria midfielder. Soriano has a €15 million buy-out clause.
- Turkish giants Galatasaray have agreed a deal to sign Ricardo van Rhijn from Ajax, according to De Telegraaf. The Super Lig side will initially pay €2 million for the transfer, while Ajax will earn another €1.5 million if Galatasaray win the league trophy. Van Rhijn is poised to sign a three year deal with his new club.