Estadio Tomas Adolfo Duco, also known as “El Palacio”, is a football stadium located in the neighborhood of Parque Patricios, in the city of Buenos Aires, Argentina. The stadium is owned by the local club Atletico Huracan and has a capacity of 48,314.
The stadium was built in 1947 and has been extensively used only for football. Before acquiring this land, Huracan used to rent the land for an institution on Avenida Alcorta and Luna.
The stadium was declared by the Legislature as Historical and Structural Defense Patrimony of the City of Buenos Aires, in the year 2007.
Huracan had to first acquire land in order to start the construction of a new stadium and they did so in 1939 by requesting the National Government for 700,000 pesos. The construction work began in 1941 and was completed by the request of another 1.5 million pesos.
The pace of construction increased and the first match in this stadium was played on September 7, 1947. The stadium was previously known as the Jorge Newbery stadium in honour of the then President Jorge Newbery.
The stadium was renamed to its current name in 1967, in honour of the driving force of the club, Lieutenant Colonel Tomás Adolfo Ducó. The Palace was officially opened on November 11, 1949 in front of a sellout crowd.
The stadium is mainly used by the local club Huracan for their home matches. The stadium hosted the Copa Sudamericana, the American Europa league in 2015.