Solofa F. Fatu Jr, best known for his ring name Rikishi, hails from the famous Anoa’i wrestling family
of American Samoa. Other than his sons Jey and Jimmy Uso, many other frontline wrestlers of WWE
are related to him, like The Rock, Roman Reigns and Umaga.
- WWE Career
- Hall of Fame
Rikishi started out in 1985 as a babyface in Lutte Internationale promotion in Montreal. Later he
signed up with WWC with his cousin Samula Anoa’I and appeared as The Samoan Swat Team. He
also teamed up with his brother, The Samoan Savage for WCW as well as independent promotions.
Rikishi joined WWE (then WWF) with Samu in 1992 being renamed as The Headshrinkers but
retained their savage gimmick. The team helped Yokozuna win a casket match against The
Undertaker at 1994 Royal Rumble. Rikishi later paired with Sione (formerly, The Barbarian) after
Samu left WWE to recover from injuries. From 1995, Rikishi started going single.
Rikishi was all about helping the community. His slogan “Make a Difference” became so popular that
fans started to use it to refer to his gimmick. Rikishi was repackaged as The Sultan for two years for a
gimmick of a masked wrestler whose tongue was cut out, before he left to train.
When he returned, it was with a completely new avatar honouring the Japanese Sumo tradition. His
alliance with the Too Cool duo was particularly memorable as he was most popular during that time.
His Dancing Fun gimmick was a hugely popular with the fans and remains a highlight of his career.
Together they feuded with Edge, Christian and Kurt Angle, snatching a victory at Judgement Day.
Rikishi was also involved in an angle where he attacked Stone Cold in a car. It was actually to wrote
Stone Cold off television so he could have surgery, but in kayfabe he said he had attacked Stone Cold
for his cousin, The Rock. Later it would be revealed that he was actually under orders from Triple H.
Hall of Fame
Rikishi was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2015 by his sons The Usos.
A Look at All the Wrestlers from the Anoa'i Family Tree
- Alofa the Polynesian Prince
- Headshrinker Fatu
- J.R Smooth
- Junior Fatu
- Rikishi Phatu
- The Sultan
- 425 lb (193 kg)
Place of Birth:
- San Francisco, California, U.S.
- The Banzai Drop
- The Stinkface
- Afa Anoaʻi
- Sika Anoaʻi
- Comeback of the Year (2000)
- Ranked No. 27 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2000
- Ranked No. 347 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the PWI Years in 2003
- Campeonato Internacional Absoluto (1 time)
- UWA World Trios Championship (1 time) – with Kokina Maximus and The Samoan Savage
- WCWA Texas Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Samu
- WCWA World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Samu
- WWC Caribbean Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Samu
- WWF Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
- WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Samu (1) and Rico (1)
- WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Scotty 2 Hotty
- WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2015)
- Slammy Award for Best Etiquette
People also ask
Is rikishi dead or alive?
Rikishi says he died for 3 minutes in the emergency room.
Is rikishi related to the rock?
Dwayne Johnson are considered honorary members
Who is rikishi father?
Who is rikishi brother?
What nationality is rikishi?