Chris Gayle smashed the PWI bowlers all around the park, in the process breaking many a record in T20 cricket. Here are some of the records that Gayle and RCB broke:
1. Chris Gayle’s century off 30 deliveries is the fastest in any format of the game. He took 4 balls less than the previous record, that of 34 deliveries by Andrew Symonds which he scored for Kent against Middlesex in 2004. The previous fastest IPL century was by Yusuf Pathan off 37 deliveries against Mumbai Indians in 2010.
2. Gayle’s half-century came off 17 deliveries and equalled the previous IPL record by Adam Gilchrist who scored at the same pace against Delhi Daredevils in 2009.
3. RCB posted the highest team total in T20 cricket, 263/5. The previous best was Sri Lanka’s 260/6 against Kenya.
4. Chris Gayle’s 175* is the highest individual score in T20 cricket. The previous best occured in very first match of the IPL, when Brendon McCullum scored 158* against RCB.
5. Chris Gayle (17) has to his name now the most sixes in an innings by an individual in T20 cricket. The previous best was Graham Napier (16) for Essex.
6. Chris Gayle, out of his 175, scored 154 runs in fours and sixes. This is the most runs from fours and sixes in an innings in T20s, with the previous best being from Graham Napier, who scored 136 runs in fours and sixes in his 152* for Essex.
7. The run-rate of 13.15 is highest run rate in a completed innings in T20 cricket. The previous best was 13.00, scored by Sri Lanka (260/5).
8. The partnership of 167 runs is the highest first wicket partnership in IPL cricket.
9. The difference between the number of runs scored and deliveries faced in Gayle’s innings (109) was the highest ever. The previous record was 95 by Namibia’s Louis van der Westhuizen against Kenya.
10. Chris Gayle has the maximum number of centuries in T20 format (domestic and international) – 11. The next best is less than half of that by David Warner and Brendon McCullum – 5. In IPL, he has four hundred, double than the next best.
Get IPL 2023 Live Score along with Points Table & Schedule Updates at Sportskeeda.