The tenth edition of the Big Bash League gets underway from December 10 in Australia. As the top players in the country and a few international stars from around the world get together to add to the spectacle of BBL 10, fans all over the globe would head to check out the innovations introduced in the tournament this year. With new rules to be in place, the fantasy league players will have a lot more thinking to do in order to combine a perfect 11.
Table of Contents
- Supercoach BBL 2022
- How to play Supercoach BBL 2022?
- Supercoach BBL 2022 rules
- The Supercoach BBL Points System
- Where to play Supercoach BBL?
- Supercoach BBL Tips & Tricks
- Supercoach BBL Trivia
- 1. What is Supercoach BBL?
Supercoach BBL 2022
The Supercoach BBL is the Big Bash League equivalent of the IPL Fantasy League for the Indian Premier League. It is a virtual fantasy team builder website which lets you create teams live for the ongoing edition of the BBL. The ultimate goal is to create a team of the players that can earn you most points with their performances.
Teams are allowed to make changes throughout the tournament with a few restrictions that are mentioned on the official website. There will be a total of 17 rounds in big bash fantasy for the upcoming edition.
How to play Supercoach BBL 2022?
To play Supercoach BBL, you will have to register on the official website. The registration is free and pretty easy with users required to fill in basic contact information.
Each new team will get a starting bonus of $2,000,000 to make their teams. Each of the participating players has been given pre-assigned values which will be deducted/added from the starting sum each time the player is added/removed from the squad.
Each team can have 1 or 2 substitutes for each role as well. Also, there are three emergencies, which can replace a player from the team if he doesn’t score any points in the round. Keep following Sportskeeda for bbl supercoach tips.
See the Big bash live score, click here.
Supercoach BBL 2022 rules
A squad of 16 players for each round must contain:
- 7 batsmen
- 2 wicket-keepers
- 7 bowlers
Players need not be from the same franchise
All-rounders can fulfil the roles of either a batsman or a bowler, as per the requirement of your squad
There are 16 transfer periods available in between 17 rounds of the tournament with the last four rounds including just one match each.
The Supercoach BBL Points System
All players earn points only if they are in the playing 11 or come in via the new X-factor rule.
While Batting, players receive:
- 1 point per run
- 10 points for a half-century
- 20 points for a century
- -2 points if dismissed for a duck
Per batsmen, players also receive:
- 25 points if his Strike Rate is 160+
- 20 points if his Strike Rate is between 150 - 159.99
- 15 points if his Strike Rate is between 140 - 149.99
- 10 points if his Strike Rate is between 130 - 139.99
- 5 points if his Strike Rate is between 120 - 129.99
Note: Strike Rate points are applicable only if a batsman scores 20+ runs
While Bowling, players receive:
- 20 points per wicket
- 10 bonus points for every three wickets in a single match
- 15 points per maiden over
- 1 point per dot ball bowled
- -1 point per extra conceded (includes wides and no balls bowled)
Per bowler, players also receive:
- 25 points if his economy rate is 4 runs per over or lesser
- 20 points if his economy rate is between 4.01 - 5 runs per over
- 15 points if his economy rate is between 5.01 - 6 runs per over
- 10 points if his economy rate is between 6.01 - 7 runs per over
- 5 points if his economy rate is between 7.01 - 81 runs per over
- -6 points if his economy rate is above 11 runs per over
Note: Economy rate points are applicable only if a bowler bowls at least 3 overs
While Fielding, players receive:
- 10 points per catch
- 20 points for player affecting the run-out
- 15 points per stumping
Apart from this, the captain nominated by the participant before each round receives 2x points. In case the captain does not play due to some reason, the vice-captain receives 2x points.
Click here to see the BBL results.
Where to play Supercoach BBL?
The Supercoach BBL for the upcoming edition of the Big Bash League can be played on the official website of the league hosted by The Herald Sun. To navigate to the page you can simply search 'Supercoach BBL' on your preferred search engine or simply go to - https://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/bbl
The fantasy league portal is open now! Do check out Sportskeeda for big bash supercoach tips.
Supercoach BBL Tips & Tricks
The biggest tip for the upcoming edition of the Supercoach BBL fantasy website team creation will be that users will have to be proactive during the tournament and keep an eye on the constant changes on the field of play. The X-factor rule has to be kept in mind while selecting the squads for each of the 17 rounds.
It is very important to have a look at the matches every round contains and to select players from only those teams who are going to play in that particular round. Not all teams play each round and that is what makes it a bit dynamic in nature.
Supercoach BBL Trivia
1. What is Supercoach BBL?
A. Supercoach BBL is the official fantasy league for the Big Bash League tournament.