NBA 2017-18: 10 Early Regular Season MVP Candidates
My bold predictions for this season's MVP candidates
An exciting season lies ahead and I have made my bold predictions for the seasons MVP candidates, who are capable of making their compelling cases for the coveted award.
We witnessed Russell Westbrook put up historic numbers in a feat that allowed him to join Oscar Robertson as the only players in league history to finish a season with a triple-double average. It came down to the wire in a battle between him and James Harden of the Houston Rockets for the MVP honors.
Without further ado, let’s first look at last season’s MVP ladder:
1. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder.
2. James Harden, Houston Rockets.
3. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers.
4. Kawhii Leonard, San Antonio Spurs.
5. Isiah Thomas, Boston Celtics.
6. Steph Curry, Golden State Warriors.
7. John Wall, Washington Wizards.
8. Demar DeRozan, Toronto Raptors.
9. Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers.
10. Gordon Hayward, Utah Jazz.
Honourable mentions (in no particular order): Steph Curry, Golden State Warriors Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers; Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans; Demar DeRozan, Toronto Raptors; Mike Conley, Memphis Grizzlies.
With the above list and roster changes in mind, here are my predictions for this season’s MVP ladder: