With all teams having played a match on the opening day — barring Sports Hostel, Bangalore who benefited from a walkover — the differences have started emerging between the pretenders and contenders on Day 2.
The Dharwad teams of Rovers, and Sports Authority of India (SAI) suffered their second straight loss. SAI, in particular, were unlucky to go down by only a point in a low scoring cliffhanger against Kanaka, Kolar. While the smaller towns suffered, the Bangalore city ballers from Indiranagar (IBBC) and Jayanagar (JSC) registered back-to-back wins.
In what turned out to be the most entertaining and high quality match of the evening, JSC defeated Southern Blues 67-53. Despite being a league encounter, the game was played with the intensity of a final. In the end, JSC’s balanced attack proved superior to the individual brilliance of some of Southern Blues’s players.
Results for Matches played at Kanteerava Courts on 5-7-2013:
- Sports Hostel, Bangalore 63 (Gagan 17) bt Rovers, Dharwad 44(Chetan 10) HT 31-19
- Kanaka, Kolar 37 (Guruprasad 18, Kishore 11) bt SAI, Dharwad 36 (Akshay 8) HT 23-21
- Jayanagar Sports Club 67 (Parvez 24, Minhal 13) bt Southern Blues 53 (Vinay 12) HT 39-27
- Indiranagar Basketball Club (IBBC) 52 (Karan 16) bt VBC, Mandya 20. HT 35-9
- Bharath Sports Union 45 (Venkatesh 17) bt National Games Village BC 30 (Kunal 10). HT 19-16
- Rising Star, Mysore gets a walkover
Schedule for Day 3, 6-7-2013:
Court No. 1
- SAI, Dharwad v. VBC, Mandya; 3:00 PM onwards
- Jayanagar Sports Club v. Kanaka, Kolar
- Sports Hostel, Bangalore v. Bharath Sports Union
Court No. 2
- Rovers, Dharwad v. K. S. Hegde, Mangalore; 3:00 PM onwards
- Southern Blues v. Indiranagar Basketball Club (IBBC)
- National Games Village BC v. Rising Star, Mysore