Klay Thompson Shoes: Ranking the Best Anta KT Shoes
Thompson is a great shooter, perhaps one of the best in the league. His shoes represent this status that he has cultivated for himself.
Klay Thompson is approximately mid-way through his 10 year deal with Chinese brand Anta. This deal which is estimated to be about $8 million a year has seen some really amazing shoes. Although, when he signed the deal, Thompson did not know much about Anta, the company has granted him creative control amongst other liberties which have allowed him to create some great shoes.
#5 Anta KT 4
Klay Thompson makes his shoes to be just like he is, reliable. Each shoe seems to be somewhat of an upgrade to the last and since this was the fourth installment of Klay Thompson's signature shoes they had to be amongst the best. Here is why the shoes ranked at number 5.
- These shoes have an uber premium quality feel to them due to the Flywire like lacing and the knit collar
- These shoes have made the break-in time almost nothing. They are pretty much ready to be played in straight out of the box
- The shoes feel light on foot
- The design allows for both support and ankle mobility
- The traction on these shoes is insane
- The high offset from the A-Flash foam cushion is uncomfortable
- The shoes are built primarily for indoor courts as the outsole is too soft for outdoor courts
- These shoes look very similar to the LeBron 15
Overall, these shoes have received mixed reviews. There are some things that really set this shoe apart, such as its premium feel, but there are also many downsides. If you weigh everything out the shoes still remain a great buy, but can be improved as well.