NBA Daily Notes: The Knicks finally win; Top fantasy picks for January 5th
Welcome to another day of the NBA 2018-19 season. Yesterday, we had 10 games to watch and we have another eight mammoth games to review tomorrow.
Let's analyse some of the meaningful performances from the last night, results of the matches and the top players to look out for in the matches tomorrow.
- Utah Jazz 117-91 Cleveland Cavaliers
- Orlando Magic 103-120 Minnesota Timberwolves
- Washington Wizards 109-115 Miami Heat
- Indiana Pacers 119-116 Chicago Bulls
- Dallas Mavericks 93-114 Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets 109-100 Memphis Grizzlies
- Atlanta Hawks 112-144 Milwaukee Bucks
- Los Angeles Clippers 121-111 Phoenix Suns
- New York Knicks 119-112 Los Angeles Lakers
- Oklahoma City Thunder 111-109 Portland Trail Blazers
1. Victor Oladipo (Indiana Pacers): 36 points, 14-28 FG, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, 1 block and 2 TOs.
2. Karl Anthony Towns (Minnesota Timberwolves): 29 points, 11-20 FG, 15 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and 1 block.
3. Paul George (Oklahoma City Thunder): 37 points, 10-23 FG, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and 3 TOs.
1. Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks): 0 points, 0-10 FG, 2 rebounds and 1 TO.
2. Colin Sexton (Cleveland Cavaliers): 13 points, 3-13 FG, 1 rebound, 3 assists, 1 steal and 4 TOs.
3. Jared Dudley (Brooklyn Nets): 0 points, 0-4 FG, 1 rebound, 1 steal and 1 TO.
- The Utah Jazz faced the Cleveland Cavaliers, blowing them off the court, 117-91. The Minnesota Timberwolves grabbed a much needed win over the Orlando Magic, 120-103.The Miami Heat piled on the struggles of the Washington Wizards, winning 115-109.
- The Chicago Bulls played an overtime game against the Indiana Pacers, but losing to them in the end, 116-119. The Dallas Mavericks could not get anything going against the Kyrie-less Boston Celtics, still losing in a huge loss. 93-114. The Brooklyn Nets and Memphis Grizzlies played each other in a tantalizing game, only for the Nets to edge out the Grizzlies, 109-100. The Milwaukee Bucks faced the Atlanta Hawks in a heavily mismatched contest, with the Bucks winning comfortably, 144-112.
- The Phoenix Suns faced the Los Angeles Clippers in a good competitive game, with the Clippers eventually winning, 121-111. The New York Knicks went up against the Los Angeles Lakers, snapping their 8 game losing streak, winning 119-112. The Portland Trail Blazers and the Oklahoma City Thunder played a really great game of basketball, only for the Thunder to emerge victorious with a 111-109 win.
- Charlotte Hornets @ Denver Nuggets
- Utah Jazz @ Detroit Pistons
- Dallas Mavericks @ Philadelphia 76ers
- New Orleans Pelicans @ Cleveland Cavaliers
- Memphis Grizzlies @ San Antonio Spurs
- Toronto Raptors @ Milwaukee Bucks
- Golden State Warriors @ Sacramento Kings
- Houston Rockets @ Portland Trail Blazers
PG 1 - Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors)
The Golden State Warriors have not been able to get going this season. They are currently third in the Western Conference, with a 25-14 record.
They were considered, and still are, one of the best teams in the history of NBA but have not been able to translate it into regular season wins this year. They have won just six of their last 10 games and one player who is giving it his best for them is Steph Curry.
Curry has been phenomenal for the Warriors this season, have won just 6 of their 12 games when Curry has sat due to injury.
He has averaged almost 29 points per game, along with 5 rebounds and 5 assists as well. His consistency on the offensive end of the floor, helping create space for the other Warriors stars is key.
In the loss against the Rockets, his game was overshadowed by the performance of James Harden. But nonetheless, Curry was superb, scoring 35 points, along with 6 assists and 3 rebounds.
He was having a great game but alas the Warriors lost. They will be hoping from a similar Curry performance against the Sacramento Kings tomorrow night.
Alternate pick: Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers)