NBA Daily Notes: The Rockets seem to be back to their best; Top fantasy picks for January 8th
Welcome to another day of the NBA 2018-19 season. Yesterday, we had 8 games to watch and we have another 8 great games to review tomorrow. Let's analyse some of the meaningful performances from the last night, results of the matches and the top players to look out for in the matches tomorrow.
- San Antonio Spurs 119-107 Detroit Pistons
- Brooklyn Nets 95-116 Boston Celtics
- Memphis Grizzlies 95-114 New Orleans Pelicans
- Denver Nuggets 113-125 Houston Rockets
- Utah Jazz 102-11 Milwaukee Bucks
- Los Angeles Lakers 107-97 Dallas Mavericks
- Orlando Magic 95-111 Sacramento Kings
- New York Knicks 101-111 Portland Trail Blazers
1. DeMar DeRozan (San Antonio Spurs): 26 points, 12-21 FG, 7 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks and 2 TOs.
2. Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans): 36 points, 14-20 FG, 13 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 3 blocks and 2 TOs.
2. James Harden (Houston Rockets): 32 points, 7-18 FG, 5 rebounds, 14 assists, 1 steal, 1 block and TOs.
1. Marc Gasol (Memphis Grizzlies): 7 points, 3-10 FG, 5 rebounds, 4 assist, 3 blocks and 2 TOs.
2. Kyle Kuzma (Los Angeles Lakers): 13 points, 4-20 FG, 5 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 TOs.
3. Tim Hardaway Jr. (New York Knicks): 5 points, 2-12 FG, 2 rebounds, 2 steals and 2 TOs.
- The San Antonio Spurs faced the Detroit Pistons, where the Pistons fell to a 119-107 defeat to the Spurs. The Brooklyn Nets were absolutely outmatched in a 95-116 loss to the Boston Celtics. The Utah Jazz and the Milwaukee Bucks played each other in an entertaining game, in which the Bucks came out on top, 114-102.
- The blockbuster game of the night was the Denver Nuggets against the Houston Rockets, the Rockets were the better team tonight, beating the Nuggets in a big win, 125-113. The New Orleans Pelicans and The Memphis Grizzlies played in a game, where both teams were trying to stop their slide and the Pelicans came out on top, winning 114-95. The Dallas Mavericks faced off against the Los Angeles Lakers in a low scoring game, with the Lakers finally winning 107-97 and stopping their losing streak.
- The Orlando Magic had a game against the Sacramento Kings, where the Kings managed to stop their 4 game losing streak, winning 111-95. In the final game of the night, the Portland Trail Blazers and the New York Knicks, which the Blazers won with ease, 111-101.
- Washington Wizards @ Philadelphia 76ers
- Indiana Pacers @ Cleveland Cavaliers
- Denver Nuggets @ Miami Heat
- Atlanta Hawks @ Toronto Raptors
- Minnesota Timberwolves @ Oklahoma City Thunder
- Sacramento Kings @ Phoenix Suns
- New York Knicks @ Golden State Warriors
- Charlotte Hornets @ Los Angeles Clippers