NBA Daily Notes: Pelicans can't seem to win; Top fantasy picks for January 3rd
Welcome to the new year with a new bunch of games in the NBA, and boy do we have some sweet games to bring you tomorrow. We have 3 monumental clashes to review tomorrow, and yesterday we had 9 games to follow.
Let's analyse some of the meaningful performances from the last night, results of the matches and the top players to look out for in the matches tomorrow.
- Miami Heat 117-92 Cleveland Cavaliers
- Atlanta Hawks 98-114 Washington Wizards
- Dallas Mavericks 122-84 Charlotte Hornets
- New Orleans Pelicans 121-126 Brooklyn Nets
- Orlando Magic 112-84 Chicago Bulls
- Minnesota Timberwolves 102-115 Boston Celtics
- Detroit Pistons 101-94 Memphis Grizzlies
- Philadelphia 76ers 132-127 Phoenix Suns
- Oklahoma City Thunder 107-100 Los Angeles Lakers
1. Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans): 34 points, 12-25 FG, 26 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 3 blocks and 1 TO.
2. Gordon Hayward (Boston Celtics): 35 points, 14-18 FG, 1 rebound, 5 assists and 2 TOs.
3. Joel Embiid (Philadelphia 76ers): 42 points, 12-23 FG, 18 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks and 4 TOs.
1. Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder): 14 points, 3-20 FG, 16 rebounds, 10 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks and 4 TOs.
2. Justin Holiday (Chicago Bulls): 3 points, 1-7 FG, 4 rebounds, 1 assist.
3. Mike Conley (Memphis Grizzlies): 0 points, 0-8 FG, 3 rebounds, 1 assist and 3 TOs.
- The Miami Heat and the Cleveland Cavaliers kicked off the NBA with the Heat coming out with a 117-92 win. The struggling Washington Wizards and the Atlanta Hawks went up against each other, with the Wizards winning, 114-98. The Dallas Mavericks and the Charlotte Hornets went head to head in a drab game, with the Mavericks coming out on top, 122-84.
- The New Orleans Pelicans and the Brooklyn Nets played each other, with the Nets winning, 126-121. The Chicago Bulls played against the Orlando Magic, with the Magic coming out as winners, 112-84. The Boston Celtics went up against the Minnesota Timberwolves, with the Celtics winning, 115-102.
- The Detroit Pistons played the Memphis Grizzlies in a low scoring game, with the Pistons winning, 101-94. The Philadelphia 76ers played the bottom of the West, Phoenix Suns, The 76ers came out on top with ease, winning 132-127. In the final game of the night, the Oklahoma City Thunder faced the Los Angeles Lakers, with the Thunder winning, 107-100.
- Toronto Raptors @ San Antonio Spurs
- Denver Nuggets @ Sacramento Kings
- Houston Rockets @ Golden State Warriors