Fantasy Premier League is a virtual gaming platform where a participant forms a team of actual players playing in Premier League. The game can be simply played by signing up on the Premier League website.
After creating an account, every participant is given a sum of 100 million pounds using which he/she forms a team consisting of 15 players. In this, the price of every player varies from £4 million to £13 million depending upon their past performances and the value that they carry with themselves for the team.
Rules and Regulations
Rules for the initial setup of the squad:
1. The selected 15 players should be formed with a combination that consists of:
2. The initial budget of £100 million cannot be exceeded by any participant and the 15-member squad has to be formed within the allocated budget.
3. There is a restriction of selecting a maximum of three players from a single Premier League team.
For managing the squad:
1. Out of the 15 selected players, 11 are selected in every match to play. Rest four are either benched or used as substitutes later during the match which is done automatically by the game.
2. Out of those 11 players, one player is assigned to the post of captain and one as vice-captain. Selection of captain is also a big responsibility as his points are doubled.
3. During the tournament, unlimited transfers (buying and selling) of players can be made in the transfer market without incurring any cost.
There are few actions for which player gains/losses points. They are:
For playing upto 60 minutes
For playing 60 minutes or more (excluding injury time)
For each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender
For each goal scored by a midfielder
For each goal scored by a forward
For each goal assist
For a clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender
For a clean sheet by a midfielder
For every 3 shot saves by a goalkeeper
For each penalty save
For each penalty miss
Bonus points for the best players in a match
For every 2 goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender
For each yellow card
For each red card
For each own goal
Currently, there are around 100 million individuals engaged in fantasy sports with the American football being the most popular, which covers around 40 percent of this fanbase.
When it comes to the Fantasy Premier League, it has also gained much popularity as the current number lies around 4,000,000 fans. England and Wales are the leading countries among the fantasy league’s subscribers.
With the gaining popularity of online games, not only the popularity of Fantasy Premier League but other fantasy games are also expected to rise.