Fantasy Premier League is a virtual gaming platform where a participant forms a team of actual players playing in Premier League. The game can be simply played by signing up on the Premier League website.
After creating an account, every participant is given a sum of 100 million pounds using which he/she forms a team consisting of 15 players. In this, the price of every player in the Fantasy Premier League Game varies from £4 million to £13 million depending upon their past performances and the value that they carry with themselves for the team.
Click here for premier league Live Scores 2020/21
Fantasy Premier League Rules and Regulations
How To Play Fantasy Premier League?
Rules for the initial setup of the squad:
1. The selected 15 players should be formed with a combination that consists of:
- 2 Goalkeepers
- 5 Defenders
- 5 Midfielders
2. The initial budget of £100 million cannot be exceeded by any participant and the 15-member squad has to be formed within the allocated budget.
3. There is a restriction of selecting a maximum of three players from a single Premier League team.
How Many FPL Transfers are free?
There is 1 free transfer per gameweek, FPL players can accumulate their unused transfers to maximum 2 free transfers.
For managing the Fantasy Premier League squad:
1. Out of the 15 selected players, 11 are selected in every match to play. Rest four are either benched or used as substitutes later during the match which is done automatically by the game.
2. Out of those 11 players, one player is assigned to the post of captain and one as vice-captain. Selection of captain is also a big responsibility as his points are doubled.
3. During the tournament, unlimited transfers (buying and selling) of players can be made in the transfer market without incurring any cost.
Check premier league schedule 2020 for the match details
Fantasy Premier League Points System
How are Fantasy Premier League Points Calculated?
There are few actions for which player gains/losses points in Fantasy Premier League. They are:
|For playing upto 60 minutes||1|
|For playing 60 minutes or more (excluding injury time)||2|
|For each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender||6|
|For each goal scored by a midfielder||5|
|For each goal scored by a forward||4|
|For each goal assist||3|
|For a clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender||4|
|For a clean sheet by a midfielder||1|
|For every 3 shot saves by a goalkeeper||1|
|For each penalty save||5|
|For each penalty miss||-2|
|Bonus points for the best players in a match||1-3|
|For every 2 goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender||-1|
|For each yellow card||-1|
|For each red card||-3|
|For each own goal||-2|
Get points table for premier league 2020/21
How are Bonus Points calculated in Fantasy Premier League?
Bonus Points are calculated and allocated post-match according to the Bonus Points System (BPS)
The players who rank top three in BPS for a given match will receive bonus points, 3 points to the top player in BPS, 2 Points to the second best and 1 Point to the third.
Bonus points allocation :
The players who rank top three in BPS for a given match will receive bonus points, 3 points to the top player in BPS, 2 Points to the second best and 1 Point to the third place player.
If there's a tie in BPS top 3 spots
- Tie for first place in BPS
* Players 1,2 will get 3 points.
* Player 3 will get 1 point.
- Tie for second place in BPS
* Player 1 will get 3 points
* Players 2,3 will get 2 points each.
- Tie for third place in BPS
* Player 1 will get 3 points
* Player 2 will get 2 points
* Players 3,4 will get 1 point each.
Check out last season's Players with Most Points in FPL (Bonus Points Included)
Popularity of Fantasy Premier League
Currently, there are around 100 million individuals engaged in fantasy sports with the American football being the most popular, which covers around 40 percent of this fanbase.
When it comes to the Fantasy Premier League, it has also gained much popularity as the current number lies around 4,000,000 fans. England and Wales are the leading countries among the fantasy league’s subscribers.
With the gaining popularity of online games, not only the popularity of Fantasy Premier League but other fantasy games are also expected to rise.