COOKIE CONSENT
Create
Notifications
Favorites Edit

Murray unsure over Wimbledon participation

Omnisport
NEWS
News
119   //    20 Jun 2018, 13:29 IST
Murraycropped
Three-time grand slam champion Andy Murray

Andy Murray said he may miss Wimbledon despite an encouraging performance on his long-awaited comeback against Nick Kyrgios at the Fever-Tree Championships.

Kyrgios beat the three-time grand slam champion 2-6 7-6 (7-4) 7-5 in the first round at Queen's Club on Tuesday.

Murray had been out for a year, having undergone hip surgery after withdrawing from the Australian Open in January.

The Briton says he may play at Eastbourne next week and skip his home major as the 31-year-old weighs up the best approach following such a lengthy lay-off.

"I need to wait and see what happens," the former world number one stated.

"I don't know exactly what's best for me just now."

He added: "I won't rule anything out just now. I wouldn't rule out playing Eastbourne and not playing Wimbledon.

"I wouldn't rule out playing a tournament next and trying to get matches in an exhibition tournament as well to get ready for Wimbledon."

Omnisport
NEWS
Fetching more content...