Signature shoes to an NBA player are like the veil to a wedding dress, one is incomplete without the other. Since his MVP season, James Harden has really been pushing hard on the signature shoe looks on the court.
Alongside this, his own fashion has also been pushed up a notch. James Harden first made iterations of the shoes he wore on court in 2015 as a part of the all-star collection that released that year. Though Harden started off his career wearing Nikes, he quickly shifted to Adidas when they signed a 200 million dollar contract together.
Starting with the 2016-17 season, The Beard and Adidas have made a signature shoe each year, representative of who he was as a player. These shoes have been a huge success and here are the top five Adidas-Harden shoes ranked.
#5 Adidas Harden Vol 2 LS Lace
The Adidas-Harden Vol 2 first released as a part of the 2017-18 season. This was one of The Beard's ventures into lifestyle shoes and turning his signature on-court look into something people could wear every day. Here is a rundown on why they're good and why they're not
- There are lots of colour options, ones that are representative of Harden being MVP and others that could fit into an everyday lifestyle.
- Quality is of the utmost level
- The Boost in these shoes is of the right shape and size
- The shape and mesh can make these shoes look a lot like water shoes
- A little high on the price considering these are for lifestyle, not sports
- All the stretchable materials do not offer enough overall support
All in all, these are some great shoes. They are definitely not built for play but can be classified as premium casual footwear.