NBA Daily Notes:James Harden can't stop scoring; Top fantasy picks for January 15th
Welcome to another day of the NBA 2018-19 season. Yesterday, we had six games to watch and we have six games to review tomorrow.
Let's analyse some of the meaningful performances from the last night, results of the matches and the top players to look out for in the matches tomorrow.
- Boston Celtics 102-109 Brooklyn Nets
- Memphis Grizzlies 94-112 Houston Rockets
- Charlotte Hornets 108-93 San Antonio Spurs
- Detroit Pistons 94-100 Utah Jazz
- Portland Trail Blazers 107-115 Sacramento Kings
- New Orleans Pelicans 121-117 Los Angeles Clippers
1. James Harden (Houston Rockets): 57 points, 17-33 FG, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block and 5 TOs.
2. Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans): 46 points, 16-34 FG, 16 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, 1 block and 1 TO.
1. Jae Crowder (Utah Jazz): 2 points, 0-6 FG, 5 rebounds, 1 assist and 4 TOs.
2. CJ McCollum (Portland Trail Blazers): 6 points, 2-14 FG, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal and 3 TOs.
- The Boston Celtics kicked it off with the Brooklyn Nets and ended up getting handed a loss, 102-109. The Memphis Grizzlies played against the Houston Rockets and were blown away by James Harden, 94-112. Charlotte Hornets faced off against the San Antonio Spurs in an interesting game, with the Hornets coming away with the victory, 108-93.
- The Detroit Pistons went up against the Utah Jazz in an interesting game, with the Jazz coming out on top, 100-94. The Sacramento Kings played a tough match against the Portland Trail Blazers but came out on top, 115-107. In the final game of the night, the Los Angeles Clippers went up against the New Orleans Pelicans, with the Pelicans coming out on top, 121-117.
- Minnesota Timberwolves @ Philadelphia 76ers
- Phoenix Suns @ Indiana Pacers
- Oklahoma City Thunder @ Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat @ Milwaukee Bucks
- Golden State Warriors @ Denver Nuggets
- Chicago Bulls @ Los Angeles Lakers
PG 1 - Ben Simmons (Philadelphia 76ers)
The Philadelphia 76ers are playing some good basketball of late and have even acquired a star player in Jimmy Butler, strengthening their chances of an Eastern Conference finals run. They are currently fourth in the Eastern Conference, with a 28-16 record. They have of late lost a bit of form, winning just six of their last 10.
Last 3 games:
- 13/1/2019: Win against New York Knicks, 108-105
- 11/1/2019: Loss against Atlanta Hawks, 121-123
- 9/1/2019: Loss against Washington Wizards, 106-123
Player performances and review:
Ben Simmons has been playing some astonishing basketball of late. With Embiid and Butler being in and out of the team due to nagging injuries, Simmons has been playing really well.
He is averaging more than 16 points a game, along with more than 9 rebounds and 8 assists a game.
In the win against the New York Knicks, Simmons had a superb game, scoring 20 points, along with 22 rebounds, 9 assists.
Alternate pick: Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors)