Rumour Has It: Milan eye Allegri, Fati set for Spain call-up
Could Massimiliano Allegri be the man to rescue AC Milan?
Marco Giampaolo is under increasing pressure at San Siro after Milan slumped to a fourth defeat in their first six games of the Serie A season.
Allegri led Milan to their last league title in 2010-11 and, now unemployed, he shapes as being a target for the club once more.
TOP STORY – MILAN EYE ALLEGRI
Allegri is one of the favourites and the choice of many of AC Milan's leaders to be their next head coach, according to Calciomercato.
The 52-year-old spent three and a half years at Milan before taking over at Juventus, where he won five Serie A titles.
Allegri could be set for a return to Milan, who are struggling in 16th in the table, just one point clear of the relegation zone.
- Ansu Fati has made an impression with Barcelona early in the season and he could be set for bigger and better things. Cadena SER says the 16-year-old will be included in the pre-list for Spain's Euro 2020 qualifiers against Norway and Sweden in October.
- Staying in Spain, Real Madrid are considering a move for United States star Megan Rapinoe, according to AS. Set to have a women's team starting next year, Madrid are considering trying to sign the Reign FC attacker.
- Inter coach Antonio Conte wants to sign Manchester United midfielder Nemanja Matic, reports Calciomercato. Matic – who is out of contract at the end of the season – has struggled to establish himself in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side this season amid links to Juventus.
- Tuttosport claims Juve will offer out-of-favour midfielder Emre Can to Paris Saint-Germain in exchange for full-back Thomas Meunier.
- With Genoa struggling in the relegation zone, Aurelio Andreazzoli is also under pressure. Sky Sport says the Serie A side made contact with former Milan boss Gennaro Gattuso after being thrashed 4-0 by Lazio.
- Arsenal still want to see Mesut Ozil make a move. The Sun reports the Premier League club want to send the playmaker out on loan and would even contribute to his wages to make a move happen.
- Desperately needing to add to their attack, United are weighing up a move for Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic in January, according to the Mirror. United were heavily linked with the Croatian during the close season.Modified 21 Dec 2019, 00:38 IST