Rumour Has It: Real Madrid zero in on Fabian Ruiz
Real Madrid have made Fabian Ruiz their top transfer target.
According to reports, "negotiations have accelerated" as the Spanish heavyweights aim to take advantage of the disarray at Napoli.
But the midfielder also has high-profile admirers in England and France.
TOP STORY – MADRID STEP UP FABIAN INTEREST
Napoli midfielder Fabian is a man in demand.
Madrid appear to be in pole position, with Cadena SER claiming the Spanish giants are "very serious" about taking the 23-year-old to the Santiago Bernabeu.
Negotiations over a contract extension at Napoli are said to have stopped and the Spain international is reportedly warm to the idea of joining up with Zinedine Zidane's side.
However, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain could look to force a three-way bidding war for the Spain international, who has previously been linked to Barcelona.
NOTICIA @ellarguero— El Larguero (@ellarguero) December 2, 2019
El Madrid insiste en fichar a Fabian Ruiz
“El interés, destapado en su día por @AS_SergioSantos, es cada vez más fuerte. Se han producido nuevos contactos en las últimas fechas, el Madrid va muy en serio”https://t.co/78W2eTumDU pic.twitter.com/57aVeUarO1
- Ex-Valencia head coach Marcelino has emerged as a left-field managerial candidate for Arsenal and Everton, according to the Daily Mail. The 54-year-old lost his job at the Mestalla in September following a reported falling out with owner Peter Lim.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer fears he will be sacked if Manchester United lose their next two games against Tottenham and bitter rivals City, says The Sun.
- Former Premier League striker-turned-reporter Jan Aage Fjortoft claims Liverpool are favourites to land Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho – but the winger will cost the Premier League leaders €130million.
From a very good source in Germany:— Jan Aage Fjortoft (@JanAageFjortoft) December 2, 2019
Klopp and Liverpool favorite to get Dortmund-player Sancho.
Sancho wants to leave the club already in January
- Chelsea have offered little-used striker Olivier Giroud to Serie A sides Milan and Inter, according to CalcioMercato.
- Barcelona are keeping tabs on 16-year-old PSG midfielder Edouard Michut, reports Le Parisien.