When it comes to rare weapons the trident is near the top of the list of what you can acquire in Minecraft. Besides the fact that the weapon cannot be acquired by normal means, it's enchantments are also among some of the most unique that you can use.
Here in this article, we shall cover how you can gain enchantments for your trident and which enchantments stand above the rest in terms of quality.
How To Acquire
A trident is a rare item that cannot be crafted at all. The only way to gain a trident is through killing a drowned, for they are the only ones that hold such an item. To find a Drowned, you are going to have to search through bodies of water in order to kill these mobs so that they could possibly drop your coveted items.
Ocean Biomes are your best chance of searching for these creatures, for it is here that they will be the most plentiful. If you want to increase your chances of getting a trident from these creatures then it’s recommended that you have the loot enchantment to boost that chance up by 1% with every level of said enchantment.
Enchanting The Trident
Once you have gained your weapon of choice it is then time to get the enchantments that would best suit such a weapon. There are multiple avenues for you to choose from in terms of how to find or gain the enchantments that you want.
Using a fishing rod with the luck enchantment could be a good avenue to find what you are looking for. Getting lucky with the random chests that you pilfer through can also be a good way to find the enchanted book that you seek, though it could be a longshot. If you are set in searching for chests in hopes that they have what you are looking for, looking in ocean biomes could be your best bet, as they have a higher chance of carrying rare chests with water-related enchantments.
If none of this can work for you, the easiest alternative and path before you would be the most sensical one if you have leveled up your character enough. The option I speak of is the enchanting table. If you are above level 30, you could have a wealth of enchantments for your trident available to you if you have some lapis lazuli as well. From there it’s all about placing your trident in the enchantment table and working from there to put a wealth of enchantments within it.
List of Enchantments
Here is a list of enchantments that work best with the trident.
- Riptide: When used, whenever you ‘throw’ your trident, you are hurled along with it and fly through the air or water, depending on if you are in the water or outside of it with rain. Can only be used in those two conditions. Exclusive only to the trident
- Curse of Vanishing: Only truly useful in PvP given how rare the item is, this causes your trident to vanish once you die, making it unusable for other players.
- Unbreaking: Increases the durability of your weapon based on the level of your enchantment, and in the case of the trident, this can be very useful given how rare it is.
- Channeling: Another enchantment exclusive to the trident, this grants you the ability to summon lightning strikes from above for any mob you hit in the rain.
- Mending: With this enchantment, any xp orbs that you gain will allow your trident to repair itself automatically when damaged.
- Loyalty: Throwing a trident can be risky if thrown in an area you can’ recover it from. Loyalty makes it so the weapon will return to you once thrown, making retrieving it an easy matter.
- Impaling: Increases the amount of damage that you can deal against water-dwelling mobs.
Despite only being catered to those who are primarily adventuring in water, there is no doubt that the trident is a very useful weapon that when boosted by enchantments, becomes a lethal weapon everyone would want their hands on. Just be sure to level yourself level 30 so you can make it easier on yourself to acquire these enchantments in the first place.