Rumour Has It: Manchester City could let Aguero leave at end of season
- Sergio Aguero could be set for an exit from Manchester City, where he is the all-time leading goalscorer.
Manchester City could let Sergio Aguero leave at the end of the season, according to a report.
City were handed a two-season Champions League ban last month over Financial Fair Play (FFP) breaches, although they are appealing the ruling.
However, that could lead to a big-name exit at the end of the campaign.
TOP STORY – MAN CITY COULD LET AGUERO LEAVE AT END OF SEASON
Manchester City are willing to let Aguero go if they fail to overturn the European ban, according to The Sun.
The report says the 31-year-old Argentina forward would be allowed to leave if he indicated he wanted to do so despite being contracted until 2021.
Conseguimos un merecido y muy buen resultado. Todavía falta pero seguiremos dando lo mejor. Vamos City!//We secured a great result, and deservedly so. There's still road ahead, but we'll keep giving it all. C'mon, City! pic.twitter.com/TY3XhS2dnO— Sergio Kun Aguero (@aguerosergiokun) February 26, 2020
Aguero is the Premier League club's all-time leading goalscorer and is enjoying another fine campaign, netting 23 times in 29 games.
- Luka Jovic has struggled at Real Madrid and could be set for a switch. AS reports Napoli are considering a move for the 22-year-old forward, who has scored just twice this season after joining Madrid for a reported €60million from Eintracht Frankfurt.
- Chelsea seem ready to move on from goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga. The Daily Express reports the Premier League club have been alerted to the potential availability of Marc-Andre ter Stegen, who is said to be weighing up his future at Barcelona. The Mirror reports Chelsea are monitoring Dean Henderson, who has impressed on loan at Sheffield United from Manchester United.
- Also at Stamford Bridge, The Mirror reports Tammy Abraham has rejected a contract offer from Chelsea. Abraham – who has 15 goals this season – has a deal until 2022 but reportedly wants fresh terms similar to the club's other stars before recommitting.
Truly honoured to be voted amongst so many greats for London Premier league player of the year & Young player of the year just the beginning, the hard work continues pic.twitter.com/CllrFZUtTV— Tammy Abraham (@tammyabraham) March 6, 2020
- Looking to strengthen their defence, Manchester City are prepared to spend £80m (€92.5m) on Inter centre-back Milan Skriniar, according to the Daily Express.
- With Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang perhaps set for an Arsenal exit, CalcioMercato reports Inter are considering a move for the forward, who played for AC Milan's youth team but never made an appearance for the senior side.
- Everton are eyeing a move for Newcastle United's Allan Saint-Maximin in the close season, according to The Sun.Published 08 Mar 2020, 14:44 IST