NASCAR at Bristol: Leaderboard, lineup when Food City 500 resumes Monday
The remainder of the Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway has been postponed until Monday at 1 p.m. ET due to persistent rain in the area, NASCAR announced Sunday afternoon.
When the race resumes Monday Kyle Larson will be the leader with 204 of a scheduled 500 laps complete.
Food City 500 leaderboard, running order
- Kyle Larson
- Denny Hamlin
- Paul Menard
- Kyle Busch
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
- Joey Logano
- Daniel Suarez
- Jimmie Johnson
- Kevin Harvick
- Austin Dillon
- Kasey Kahne
- Alex Bowman
- Ryan Newman
- Brad Keselowski
- William Byron
- Clint Bowyer
- Aric Almirola
- Darrell Wallace Jr.
- AJ Allmendinger
- Erik Jones
- David Ragan
- Jamie McMurray
- Landon Cassill
- Matt DiBenedetto (one lap down)
- Trevor Bayne (one lap down)
- Kurt Busch (three laps down)
- Corey LaJoie (four laps down)
- Reed Sorenson (four laps down)
- Martin Truex Jr. (five laps down)
- DJ Kennington (six laps down)
- Chad Finchum (10 laps down)
- Ty Dillon (18 laps down)
- Chase Elliott (22 laps down)
- Gray Gaulding (44 laps down)
- Ryan Blaney (87 laps down)
- Chris Buescher (88 laps down)
- Harrison Rhodes (89 laps down)
- Michael McDowell (195 laps down)
- Ross Chastain (201 laps down)
Larson led 67 of the 204 laps completed and likes his chances when the race resumes. He started from the pole position and led a race best 202 laps in last year’s spring race at Bristol but finished sixth.
"Yeah, it’s hard to get a rhythm with all the rain and stuff and then getting out of your car and getting back in,” Larson told reporters. "Our McDonald’s Chevy is really fast, I would just like to get some racing going, but then again, I feel like I always do better or do worse once the track gets a bunch of rubber on it.
"So, if we keep getting all these stops and jet dryers and stuff to take the rubber off the track, maybe it will help us out. But, feeling good about it so far."